News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

What are you eating?

Started by jimmy olsen, March 15, 2009, 11:30:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Admiral Yi

Just phoned in an order for Singapore Chow Mei Fun.  Just about the only dish I order from Chinese delivery/takeout places anymore.

Ed Anger

Quote from: Caliga on March 06, 2011, 06:10:53 PM
@ET Maybe not, but there's a long tradition of its consumption in the south as well as its usage of a symbol of welcome/hospitality (I know the latter is true in Charleston but not sure about the wider south).

All I know is, about every southern family I knew loved that dream salad and pink stuff shit.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Eddie Teach

Quote from: Ed Anger on March 06, 2011, 06:10:09 PM
Was it really necessary to stalk me from March?

It was on the last page of an active thread. :contract:
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

MadImmortalMan

"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers

Darth Wagtaros

I had a slice of wheat bread and some peanut butter to take the burn from the scotch away.
PDH!

Tonitrus

jimmy olsen

Some fish that had a light curry flavor, rice and a mushroom-tofu soup. :)
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Caliga

Greek yogurt with honey. :mmm:

For dinner I had chickpea curry and rice. :cool:
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

MadBurgerMaker

Caldo de res.  Have already eaten too much, not planning on stopping. 

Ideologue

Eight Reese's cups and a can of Pringles.  Evidently of the "Ragin' Cajun" variety.

Quote from: Admiral YiJust phoned in an order for Singapore Chow Mei Fun.  Just about the only dish I order from Chinese delivery/takeout places anymore.

Korea likes the one nearest our house, but everything I've ever tried from there has been substandard.  The lo mein is okay, but it's really hard to fuck up lo mein and the fact that is only "okay" is pretty damning.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

MadImmortalMan

Chinese food is always risky in the US.

We recently tried a new place within walking distance of my house. None of the waiters could speak English, and my wife's chicken dish had a chicken foot in it.

:cool:

Yeah, this is the real thing, bitches. We'll be walking there every weekend until they inevitably go out of business.

Ideologue

I prefer my food Americanized generally.  Maybe I'm not so different form DGuller as I think. :(
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

MadImmortalMan

Quote from: Ideologue on March 09, 2011, 03:48:51 AM
I prefer my food Americanized generally.  Maybe I'm not so different form DGuller as I think. :(

Corporatized consumeratist bastard.  :P

Grey Fox

Cream cheese with a side of bagel.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Ed Anger

Quote from: Ideologue on March 09, 2011, 03:36:08 AM
Eight Reese's cups and a can of Pringles.  Evidently of the "Ragin' Cajun" variety.

[

JESUS H CHRIST.

Dude.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive