News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

What are you eating?

Started by jimmy olsen, March 15, 2009, 11:30:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ed Anger

I made 'pink stuff', which I only make once in a blue moon.

Blurgh.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

garbon

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Syt

Quote from: Ed Anger on March 22, 2010, 10:10:45 AM
I made 'pink stuff', which I only make once in a blue moon.

Blurgh.

Is this about your bowel movements again?
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Ed Anger

Quote from: garbon on March 22, 2010, 12:47:11 PM
Pink salad?

Yeah, if it is the cottage cheese, cool whip, pineapple and jello mix concoction.

Southerners call it the pink stuff.

Caliga

Quote from: Ed Anger on March 22, 2010, 02:10:39 PM
Yeah, if it is the cottage cheese, cool whip, pineapple and jello mix concoction.

:x

Around here people call that shit "dream salad".  It is a frequent guest at Princesca family meals, and will certainly be putting in an appearance at Easter.  No, I won't be eating any.
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Ed Anger

Quote from: Caliga on March 22, 2010, 02:51:42 PM
Quote from: Ed Anger on March 22, 2010, 02:10:39 PM

:x

Around here people call that shit "dream salad".  It is a frequent guest at Princesca family meals, and will certainly be putting in an appearance at Easter.  No, I won't be eating any.

Carpetbagger

garbon

I do love me some jello mixed with cool whip (nothing else).
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Caliga

Quote from: Ed Anger on March 22, 2010, 02:56:31 PM
Carpetbagger
Dude, other than the pineapple, everything in it is basically chemicals.  Even *I* have minimum standards. :blush:

garbon

What are chemicals made of but natural ingredients?

Caliga

Lately I have been eating alot of 'whole', vegetarian ingredient meals. :goodboy:

For lunch I had sweet potato and kidney bean burritos. :)

MadImmortalMan

Spent all weekend cooking down a stock pot. Now, I've got a gallon or so of beef stock, half a dozen ice cube trays full of demi-glace and an awesome Guinness stew. And the house smelled wonderful all weekend, of course.
"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers

Caliga

For dinner I had fresh french bread (which I baked myself  :showoff: ) with butter, a chicken walnut penne in gorgonzola cream sauce dish (which I also made), and vidal blanc (which I didn't make  :blush: ).

Eddie Teach

To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Ed Anger

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on March 06, 2011, 05:45:43 PM
Quote from: Ed Anger on March 22, 2010, 02:56:31 PM
Carpetbagger

<_<

Pineapple is not an indigenous Southern food.

Was it really necessary to stalk me from March?

Caliga

@ET Maybe not, but there's a long tradition of its consumption in the south as well as its usage of a symbol of welcome/hospitality (I know the latter is true in Charleston but not sure about the wider south).