News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

What are you eating?

Started by jimmy olsen, March 15, 2009, 11:30:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Caliga

Quote from: Darth Wagtaros on October 14, 2009, 02:28:12 PM
That looks good. I found the recipe. Maybe I'll give this a go.
It kind of reminded me of shitbird's pie, only a million times better.
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Admiral Yi

Lunch: sausage and pepperoni calzone with chicken tortilla soup.  God I love that chicken tortilla soup.

Dinner:  Beef shawarma.

I have eaten well today.

BuddhaRhubarb

fancy grilled cheese - thinly sliced spicy porketta and a nice ementhal cheese on either sside, perfectly browned, cut diagonally for maximum ketchup soppage.
:p

ulmont

Soon...soon...a great turkey gumbo over rice.

DontSayBanana

Dinner last night: mushroom-stuffed perogies and double-smoked kielbasa.  Breakfast this morning: the leftover kielbasa, as there was quite a bit of it.
Experience bij!

Alatriste

My breakfast: coffee (spanish style, 2/3 milk, 1/3 black coffee), white breath with olive oil and tomato, tangerines and yellow plums.

Caliga

I had Vietnamese food yesterday for the first time.  It was the shiznit.  :cool:

I had some shit called "Bun Thap Cam".  Basically it was a bowl of ramen with lettuce, carrots, some other vegetable (daikon?).  It was topped with char-grilled marinated pork, chicken, and shrimp, sliced-up egg rolls, cilantro, and ground peanuts, and came with a little bowl of some kind of sauce to pour on top of it.  The sauce was clearly a rice vinegar base and tasted sweet and garlicky.

Grey Fox

Yep, Vietnamese food is pretty good.

Try their Spring roll. (Different from the Chinese spring roll)

Was the sauce kinda grey/brown or light yellow almost transparent, Caliga?

Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Caliga

Quote from: Grey Fox on October 19, 2009, 09:30:10 AM
Yep, Vietnamese food is pretty good.

Try their Spring roll. (Different from the Chinese spring roll)

Was the sauce kinda grey/brown or light yellow almost transparent, Caliga?
Actually, sorry, the thing I had contained spring rolls, not egg rolls.... and yes they were excellent.

The sauce was transparent.

Grey Fox

There's Fish Sauce in it too, it's actually what makes it so good.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Caliga

Quote from: Grey Fox on October 19, 2009, 10:08:43 AM
There's Fish Sauce in it too, it's actually what makes it so good.
Interesting... I didn't think I tasted that but maybe it's the 'vinegar' flavor.

Tonitrus

Bison steak.

Having found the commissary on base here sells bison steaks/steak tips and ground bison; I have decided to fully support the bison industry replace all beef with bison, in the food that I prepare.

Darth Wagtaros

Blekth.  Home sick so I decided to get some lunch at the local yuppie cafe.

Loaded fries and a crepe with egg and cheese.  I feel both unclean and bloated.
PDH!

Barrister

Quote from: Tonitrus on November 18, 2009, 12:34:10 PM
Bison steak.

Having found the commissary on base here sells bison steaks/steak tips and ground bison; I have decided to fully support the bison industry replace all beef with bison, in the food that I prepare.

I find bison is so lean it doesn't make for a very good steak.

However I have fully switched to ground bison instead of ground beef - leaner and more flavourful.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Tonitrus

To be fair, I am not a big fan of the steak either...but I rarely eat a straight up steak, or better to say, rarely cook my own at home (and note, my caveat was food that I prepare...I'll eat a beef steak if eating out).

I mostly use ground meat, or steak tips in a homemade stir-fry(my current culinary experiments).