And we're back!

Main Menu

What are you eating?

Started by jimmy olsen, March 15, 2009, 11:30:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ideologue

Quote from: Caliga on December 19, 2011, 09:59:48 PM
Quote from: Ideologue on December 19, 2011, 09:53:51 PM
2)I had to talk to Korea, which should be worth a medal, let alone a damn pizza.
:huh: She seemed like a fine conversationalist to me. :hmm:

...Yeah.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

Eddie Teach

I found cashew butter rather weird-tasting, though I like cashews much better than peanuts. :mellow: Never tried almond butter.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

fhdz

and the horse you rode in on

Barrister

Quote from: Grey Fox on December 19, 2011, 06:59:24 PM
Quote from: Barrister on December 19, 2011, 02:54:01 PM
Quote from: Grey Fox on December 19, 2011, 02:51:29 PM
Excellent.

What did you put in it other then meat?

Potatoes, onion, little bit of carrot, some spices.

Actually, this was the recipe I used, but with half pork, half elk.

http://www.foodnetwork.ca/recipes/Pork/recipe.html?dishid=8948

Apple Cider, I'll have to try that.  I'm not a big fan of having vegetables in a tourtiere tho. I like mine pork, beef & veal.

I couldn't actually find apple cider, so I just used apple juice.  You simmer away all the liquid anyways.

The one time I had tortiere made by real live French ladies (who may have been born and raised in Alberta, but who spoke with a French accent) the tortiere definitely had potatoes.

And may I suggest throwing some elk into your tortiere?   :cool:
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Caliga

0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

fhdz

I had a banana which was overly ripe :(

Grey Fox

Quote from: Barrister on December 20, 2011, 03:39:38 PM
Quote from: Grey Fox on December 19, 2011, 06:59:24 PM
Quote from: Barrister on December 19, 2011, 02:54:01 PM
Quote from: Grey Fox on December 19, 2011, 02:51:29 PM
Excellent.

What did you put in it other then meat?

Potatoes, onion, little bit of carrot, some spices.

Actually, this was the recipe I used, but with half pork, half elk.

http://www.foodnetwork.ca/recipes/Pork/recipe.html?dishid=8948

Apple Cider, I'll have to try that.  I'm not a big fan of having vegetables in a tourtiere tho. I like mine pork, beef & veal.

I couldn't actually find apple cider, so I just used apple juice.  You simmer away all the liquid anyways.

The one time I had tortiere made by real live French ladies (who may have been born and raised in Alberta, but who spoke with a French accent) the tortiere definitely had potatoes.

And may I suggest throwing some elk into your tortiere?   :cool:

I like a Bison tourtiere, not cheap tho. If I can find Elk on the cheap I'll try it. Next year. I made 12 tourtiere in November, I'm good for this year Holidays.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Barrister

At my grocery store in Whitehorse they had ground bison for the same price as ground beef.   :cool:

Now the only place I can find bison is at the farmer's market.  Or if we go and buy a bison from one of my wife's uncles and have it butchered.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Grey Fox

Quote from: Barrister on December 21, 2011, 12:47:00 PM
At my grocery store in Whitehorse they had ground bison for the same price as ground beef.   :cool:

Now the only place I can find bison is at the farmer's market.  Or if we go and buy a bison from one of my wife's uncles and have it butchered.

Next time, cut me in. I'll paypal you the money.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

fhdz

I am eating peanut brittle that the accountant brought in for me.

On the subject of various meats, I just acquired a 21 cubic-ft freezer for the garage, so I'll be able to get some local grassfed beef now for reasonable cost :)

Eddie Teach

I had a bag of chicken that was erroneously labeled "hot" wings. Tasted just fine, but nothing hot about them.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Syt

Self made chicken schnitzel, fried in a sea of Butterschmalz (butter oil? resolidified butter? concentrated butter?), with a side of self made potato salad. :mmm:

I feel like a pig now.  :blush:
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Scipio

Clarified butter, Syt.

Two farm eggs, two slices applewood bacon, two pieces french bread with butter, coffee.
What I speak out of my mouth is the truth.  It burns like fire.
-Jose Canseco

There you go, giving a fuck when it ain't your turn to give a fuck.
-Every cop, The Wire

"It is always good to be known for one's Krapp."
-John Hurt

Syt

Quote from: Scipio on December 27, 2011, 08:20:38 AM
Clarified butter, Syt.

Thanks. http://dict.leo.org/ is usually pretty good, but their suggestions didn't seem right.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

MadBurgerMaker

Migas, a couple of tortillas, Cholula, beans, coffee.  Glorious.  I think my coffee maker might be fucked up somehow though.  It's taking a REALLY long time to brew.

Edit: Goddammit.  And now I just completely brainfarted and only heated up...well exactly half the amount of water that goes in the press.  Naturally I only noticed after dumping it in there.