News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

What are you eating?

Started by jimmy olsen, March 15, 2009, 11:30:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

KRonn

I got into making bread, got myself a bread machine. So far the bread has been great; been using it instead of store bought.  I have two recipes for white bread that I really like. Still learning, trying new recipes. Finding which I like, and trying breads like corn bread and others.

Over the summer I got a ton of veggies from my garden. Corn, tomatoes, beans. Lots of beans, the pole beans, which keep producing more than bush beans. I planted a lot of those three veggies. Corn was delicious, tasty, sweet and meaty in texture. So many tomatoes; gave a lot away but I've been eating a lot of them too. I had one cherry tomato plant - darn thing spreads out, needs its own zip code! Got tons of tomatoes from it. Planted lots of beans, too many, lol. I have about twenty packages frozen in the freezer, and those will last me a good while.

Took a lot of work though, for the garden. Between bugs and critters eating the young leaves, killing plants. I had to replant at times, and put down some critter repellent. Also sprayed a lot of hot pepper spray, which kept critters and probably bugs from eating the leaves. I also used some spray pesticide early on, not a lot though.

Caliga

I had alligator for dinner tonight.   :outback:
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

DGuller

I have seen a Jamie Oliver video where he prepares a sirloin steak not just by dry rubbing it, but also coating it in olive oil in the end before letting it stand for a while.  I have tried that as well.  I like the results.  :)  The steak came out medium, but that's probably preferable for fatty cuts of meat.

Ideologue

Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

Eddie Teach

You really ought to eat less sugar and more red meat.  :alberta:
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Ideologue

Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

Ideologue

Bag of Cheddar Jalapeno Cheetos.
Kinemalogue

Ideologue

Quote from: Caliga on November 11, 2011, 07:53:41 PM
I had alligator for dinner tonight.   :outback:

Oh yeah, how was that?
Kinemalogue

Ed Anger

Mickey D's sausage and egg biscuit. Without cheese.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Capetan Mihali

Eggo waffles with whipped cream.   ^_^

Leggo my goddamn Eggo.   :mad:

EDIT:   :lol:  Great Eggo commercial from 1972.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F-Yq1I8gIA0

"You'd deny your own father an Eggo frozen waffle from Kellogg's?  With extra batter to make them man-sized??"

"The internet's completely over. [...] The internet's like MTV. At one time MTV was hip and suddenly it became outdated. Anyway, all these computers and digital gadgets are no good. They just fill your head with numbers and that can't be good for you."
-- Prince, 2010. (R.I.P.)

Ideologue

I thought the dad was gonna kill him for a second.
Kinemalogue

Lucidor

Making an oven pancake with bacon. Lingonberry jam with that, and a grapefruit afterwards. :licklips:

garbon

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

fhdz

I just had a banana and a cup of coffee.
and the horse you rode in on

crazy canuck

Quote from: DGuller on November 11, 2011, 08:12:10 PM
I have seen a Jamie Oliver video where he prepares a sirloin steak not just by dry rubbing it, but also coating it in olive oil in the end before letting it stand for a while.  I have tried that as well.  I like the results.  :)  The steak came out medium, but that's probably preferable for fatty cuts of meat.

I use olive oil on all my steaks and roasts now as a first step.  That way it never sticks to the grill. And grilling - as we all know - is essential to the proper cooking of meat.