News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

What are you eating?

Started by jimmy olsen, March 15, 2009, 11:30:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mongers

Quote from: Tonitrus on March 17, 2019, 12:38:17 PM
Out of convenience/laziness (and because I think they're really tasty), I've been eating lots of ready-made pasties/slices/pies recently .  I also tried some dandelion & burdock soda this weekend.  And my favorite, go-to readymade sandwich is the ploughman.

Have I gone: native? :hmm:

By the sounds of it more so than most of the locals.  :P
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Tonitrus

Quote from: mongers on March 18, 2019, 05:22:02 PM
Quote from: Tonitrus on March 17, 2019, 12:38:17 PM
Out of convenience/laziness (and because I think they're really tasty), I've been eating lots of ready-made pasties/slices/pies recently .  I also tried some dandelion & burdock soda this weekend.  And my favorite, go-to readymade sandwich is the ploughman.

Have I gone: native? :hmm:

By the sounds of it more so than most of the locals.  :P

Hey now...I live up in the real England.  :mad:

Eddie Teach

Mongers is as English as shepherds pie.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Syt

Yesterday for lunch: pulled pork burrito with extra guac and habanero/lime salsa.

Today: cordon bleu with fries.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Admiral Yi

Have you ever had carnitas Syt? 

Syt

Our Portuguese new colleague brought Pastéis de Nata to the office :mmm:
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

garbon

Quote from: Syt on February 03, 2020, 03:18:43 AM
Our Portuguese new colleague brought Pastéis de Nata to the office :mmm:

Lucky you!
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

mongers

Wallace and Gromit moment here, I even especially took a bus to get it.

"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Caliga

I had an Italian Beef for dinner.

Chicago  :showoff:
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Barrister

At my office after court, need something to eat.  Our cafeteria is still kind-of running.  I decide to get a pre-packaged sandwich.  I spot a bagel and egg salad sandwich.  I think 'that sounds yummy - I haven't had an egg salad in forever'.

What a disappointing sandwich.  Turns out egg salad is a poor sandwich filling for a bagel.  It's dense, so it requires a little more force to eat.  But apply force to an egg salad sandwich means immediately half the salad squirted out the sides.

Then, I'm not quite sure what kind of bagel that was (closer inspection - cinnamon and raisin), but it had a sweet taste profile that went horribly with the egg salad.  Yuck.

I'm actually mad - that's how bad that sandwich was.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

PDH

Quote from: Barrister on March 26, 2020, 01:50:14 PM
At my office after court, need something to eat.  Our cafeteria is still kind-of running.  I decide to get a pre-packaged sandwich.  I spot a bagel and egg salad sandwich.  I think 'that sounds yummy - I haven't had an egg salad in forever'.

What a disappointing sandwich.  Turns out egg salad is a poor sandwich filling for a bagel.  It's dense, so it requires a little more force to eat.  But apply force to an egg salad sandwich means immediately half the salad squirted out the sides.

Then, I'm not quite sure what kind of bagel that was (closer inspection - cinnamon and raisin), but it had a sweet taste profile that went horribly with the egg salad.  Yuck.

You should find a competent lawyer and sue.
I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
-Umberto Eco

-------
"I'm pretty sure my level of depression has nothing to do with how much of a fucking asshole you are."

-CdM

fromtia

Quote from: Barrister on March 26, 2020, 01:50:14 PM

A culinary debacle. The Trump-Pandemic-Response of sandwiches.  :mad:
"Just be nice" - James Dalton, Roadhouse.

garbon

I used to eat egg salad on bagels often when I had access to good bagels. :huh:
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Barrister

Quote from: garbon on March 26, 2020, 02:01:37 PM

How do you solve the dense bagel vs loose filling conundrum?
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

PDH

Quote from: Barrister on March 26, 2020, 02:11:23 PM
Quote from: garbon on March 26, 2020, 02:01:37 PM

How do you solve the dense bagel vs loose filling conundrum?
One bite for everything.
I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
-Umberto Eco

-------
"I'm pretty sure my level of depression has nothing to do with how much of a fucking asshole you are."

-CdM