And we're back!

Main Menu

What are you eating?

Started by jimmy olsen, March 15, 2009, 11:30:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ed Anger

Quote from: Valmy on April 30, 2018, 08:13:12 AM
Quote from: Ed Anger on April 21, 2018, 07:48:31 PM
Went to this Ohio small chain called Melt Bar and Grill. I ate a half sandwich called....

THE DUDE ABIDES

Homemade meatballs, fried mozzarella wedges, basil marinara, roasted garlic, provolone & romano

Pretty fucking good.

That does sound pretty fantastic :hmm:

It was worth the 11 bucks for a half sandwich.  :licklips:
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Liep

Successfully remade the eggplants with walnut pesto that I had in Georgia. :mmm:
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

Ed Anger

Hamburger Helper Beef Stroganoff. Followed by fresh Ohio Strawberries macerated for 2 days.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

mongers

Not had a pizza in the last four weeks. :blink:
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Liep

"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

Liep

Quote from: mongers on July 01, 2018, 06:19:41 AM

I had enough khachapuri in Georgia to last me at least a year without pizza. Is it possible to OD on cheese?

mongers

Quote from: Liep on July 01, 2018, 06:45:26 AM
Quote from: mongers on July 01, 2018, 06:19:41 AM

I had enough khachapuri in Georgia to last me at least a year without pizza. Is it possible to OD on cheese?

:lol:

A theoretical chance, but no true Lancastrian ever has.  :bowler: 

mongers

Wow, had my first pizza in nearly two months, 60 days good grief.

Also thread isn't the same without Cal's gas station fair bumping it.  :(

Liep

Quote from: mongers on August 05, 2018, 05:24:00 PM

I also had pizza today.

Now: Ben & Jerry's Chocolate Fudge Brownie. It's vegan, I hadn't noticed until I opened it at home but it's still good, a little more watery than the regular.

mongers

Quote from: Liep on August 06, 2018, 04:35:23 PM
Quote from: mongers on August 05, 2018, 05:24:00 PM

I also had pizza today.

Now: Ben & Jerry's Chocolate Fudge Brownie. It's vegan, I hadn't noticed until I opened it at home but it's still good, a little more watery than the regular.

I read this late lastnight and thought, Damn now I want ice cream and the shops are shut.  :mad:     :P

Admiral Yi

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cixXJ0dSq20

A while ago Gupta was talking about his kids raging for BBQ, and one of the things on the menu was burnt ends.  I had never heard of burnt ends, and I think other Americans had not either.  Recently saw a video on Youtube about Kansas City BBQ, and it turns out burnt ends is a KC standard.

Tonitrus

Out of convenience/laziness (and because I think they're really tasty), I've been eating lots of ready-made pasties/slices/pies recently .  I also tried some dandelion & burdock soda this weekend.  And my favorite, go-to readymade sandwich is the ploughman.

Have I gone: native? :hmm: 

Caliga

Quote from: Admiral Yi on August 19, 2018, 01:17:36 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cixXJ0dSq20

A while ago Gupta was talking about his kids raging for BBQ, and one of the things on the menu was burnt ends.  I had never heard of burnt ends, and I think other Americans had not either.  Recently saw a video on Youtube about Kansas City BBQ, and it turns out burnt ends is a KC standard.
Missed this when you posted it originally. I eat the SHIT out of burnt ends.  There's a BBQ place near me that has them as their specialty, when you can get them (since supplies are so limited), but every time I go I ask if they have them and if the answer is yes, that's what I'm getting.

IMO burnt ends is literally the best barbecue cut/prep that there is.
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Caliga

Quote from: Tonitrus on March 17, 2019, 12:38:17 PM
Out of convenience/laziness (and because I think they're really tasty), I've been eating lots of ready-made pasties/slices/pies recently .  I also tried some dandelion & burdock soda this weekend.  And my favorite, go-to readymade sandwich is the ploughman.

Ok, first of all, meat pies and pasties are delicious so congrats for discovering those. :cool:

Second... burdock? :hmm:  That shit grows wild around here and produces giant, really annoying weeds.  I didn't realize anyone made soda out of it.
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Tonitrus

Quote from: Caliga on March 17, 2019, 01:57:16 PM
Quote from: Tonitrus on March 17, 2019, 12:38:17 PM

Ok, first of all, meat pies and pasties are delicious so congrats for discovering those. :cool:

Second... burdock? :hmm:  That shit grows wild around here and produces giant, really annoying weeds.  I didn't realize anyone made soda out of it.

Or, in my case, cheese/onion or potato/leek pies.  :P

Apparently the English do.  The closest taste I could compare it with is Dr Pepper...though it was a cheap diet version from ASDA.  I should probably try a proper quality brand.