Main Menu

What are you eating?

Started by jimmy olsen, March 15, 2009, 11:30:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

derspiess

Quote from: Caliga on April 04, 2018, 08:45:09 AM
Quote from: Admiral Yi on April 03, 2018, 06:54:59 PM
I vaguely recall some fried shrimp.
All kinds of new stuff now, like fish tacos, etc.

They should bring back those goofy-ass commemorative glasses that they had in the 80s.  Then I'd go back.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Ed Anger

I had a big boy today.

WAIT THAT SOUNDS DIRTY
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Eddie Teach

You're making grallon jelly.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Ed Anger

My milkshake brings all the boys to the yard

PDH

Until they bring back Doggie Diner I won't be happy.
I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
-Umberto Eco

-------
"I'm pretty sure my level of depression has nothing to do with how much of a fucking asshole you are."

-CdM

Caliga

CAL'S AAR OF THE NEW LONG JOHN SILVER'S

Ok, so I went there last night because my fiancee and her friend had a GNO.  I ordered two fish tacos and fries.  Basically what I got was two folded tortillas with a hunk of fish and chips fish in each, topped with cole slaw and some sort of creamy hot sauce.  It was... odd.  Not at all what I was expecting.

Also, LJS is now trying to do service more like Chik-Fil-A where they bring your food out to you and keep bugging you while you're eating, asking if you want refills or need anything else or if you want them to throw your trash away for you.  I don't like that because it forces the folks to act like a waiter, yet they are making horrible fast food wages and not getting tips.  It makes me very uncomfortable... I mean, if I wanted that sort of service why would I go to a fast food place?  Also, the lady who kept bugging me smelled like an ash tray. :yuk:

Anyway.... I'd probably go back. :)
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Eddie Teach

Interesting. I usually drive away after getting my chikfila so never had that happen.

Ed Anger

Ugh, Long Dong Silvers. The place where fries go to die.

Ed Anger

Went to this Ohio small chain called Melt Bar and Grill. I ate a half sandwich called....

THE DUDE ABIDES

Homemade meatballs, fried mozzarella wedges, basil marinara, roasted garlic, provolone & romano

Pretty fucking good.

Liep

"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

Valmy

Quote from: Ed Anger on April 21, 2018, 07:48:31 PM
Went to this Ohio small chain called Melt Bar and Grill. I ate a half sandwich called....

THE DUDE ABIDES

Homemade meatballs, fried mozzarella wedges, basil marinara, roasted garlic, provolone & romano

Pretty fucking good.

That does sound pretty fantastic :hmm:
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Valmy

Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Liep

Quote from: Valmy on April 30, 2018, 08:13:48 AM
Quote from: Liep on April 30, 2018, 05:00:32 AM
'tis the season:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Allium_ursinum

:w00t: :yeah:

How exactly are you eating that?
[/qu
Favourite is making pesto with it swapping it for basil and garlic, but otherwise use it instead of garlic
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

garbon

Why would a reasonable person swap out garlic? :huh:
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Eddie Teach