News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

What are you eating?

Started by jimmy olsen, March 15, 2009, 11:30:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CountDeMoney

It's like getting fitted for a colostomy bag for nacho cheese sauce, but backwards.  Just squeeze it so it goes straight to the colon.

Gups

Spent three hours trying to find that place. Thanks for ruining my last night in NYC jackass

garbon

Quote from: Gups on October 28, 2017, 09:25:04 PM
Spent three hours trying to find that place. Thanks for ruining my last night in NYC jackass

Well the restaurant does exist so...
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

11B4V

"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Admiral Yi

Hey Guppy, if you want cheap eats in Gotham, try to hunt down an Indian BYOB in The Village.

Gups

Quote from: Admiral Yi on October 29, 2017, 01:46:54 AM
Hey Guppy, if you want cheap eats in Gotham, try to hunt down an Indian BYOB in The Village.

Thanks. True of London too although subcontinental BYOB tend to be a bit less Central.

Caliga

Had a business dinner at a Korean restaurant, which is the first time I've eaten at one although I've had Korean food before.

I did try the following items for the first time:

soju - tastes like weak vodka.  I don't get the appeal.
sujeonggwa (persimmon punch) - now this was delicious, and I kept spiking it with the soju, which made a nice cocktail.
kimchi fried rice with egg and mozzarella - delicious.  I've had kimchi before and had some straight at dinner, but this stuff was awesome.
some kind of cold soup with noodles - weird.  couldn't eat the noodles with chopsticks.  The soup was so cold it had ice in it. :huh:

The place also had excellent bulgogi, but I've had that plenty of times before.
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Josquius

No chijimi? (I think that's the Japanese name...not sure of the Korean. Korean pizza).
That stuff is the best.
██████
██████
██████

Caliga

I didn't order.  This co-worker of mine who is hugely into Korean food ordered for us.

Admiral Yi

Mozzarella is used pretty sparingly in typical Korean cooking.

Caliga

Quote from: Admiral Yi on November 04, 2017, 10:23:36 PM
Mozzarella is used pretty sparingly in typical Korean cooking.
Yeah I thought that was weird.  Tasted good, though.

Admiral Yi

Ventured into the unknown today by ordering the "potato cakes" at Arby's, expecting Jew food.  I got big triangular tater tots.  Meh.

Ed Anger

Cold in the middle, right?
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Admiral Yi