And we're back!

Main Menu

What are you eating?

Started by jimmy olsen, March 15, 2009, 11:30:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mongers

Quote from: Caliga on December 31, 2014, 04:52:49 PM
Is English pizza any good? :hmm:

I make my own, as close to the Italian ones I used to consume at the restaurant I worked summers, as I can manage.

Though finding the exact/right tomatoes, flour, yeast etc ,is all but impossible.
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

garbon

My sister bought me wine ice cream for christmas. You can get a good little buzz and it is tasty to boot. :)

http://www.mercersdairy.com/
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

The Brain

Pizza. And not faggity Chicago style.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Barrister

Quote from: garbon on January 01, 2015, 01:52:38 PM
My sister bought me wine ice cream for christmas. You can get a good little buzz and it is tasty to boot. :)

http://www.mercersdairy.com/

I had some vernaccia gelatto in San Gimignano, Italy (vernaccia being the variety of white wine produced around the town).  It was quite yummy.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Caliga

Quote from: The Brain on January 02, 2015, 09:49:42 AM
Pizza. And not faggity Chicago style.
:D I just had a discussion about Chicago "pizza" with some of my boys up in Chicago about 15 minutes ago.
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Eddie Teach

I thought Chicago style was more or less the standard type that all the big chains use.  :hmm:
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Caliga

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on January 02, 2015, 11:26:46 AM
I thought Chicago style was more or less the standard type that all the big chains use.  :hmm:
Uh, no.  Chicago pizza is like a casserole that was inspired by pizza.
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

garbon

Chicago style is more of a deep dish, no?
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Tonitrus

I think the American pizza standard is New York style.

garbon

Quote from: Tonitrus on January 02, 2015, 06:59:32 PM

I think the American pizza standard is New York style.

New York pizza is generally larger and thinner than standard American pizza. All the folding and what not.

Admiral Yi

Ideologue

Look, they're both wrong and unpleasant, much as you'd expect city folk to make.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

Admiral Yi

Yeah, nothing says down home country cooking quite like pizza.

garbon

Quote from: Ideologue on January 02, 2015, 09:18:21 PM
Look, they're both wrong and unpleasant, much as you'd expect city folk to make.

:lol:

alfred russel

I was thinking "pizza" for lunch today, my normal joint was closed, so I tried Papa Johns. Started eating, was still hungry, kept eating, ate the whole pizza, now I don't feel so good. Not a strong move.
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

There's a fine line between salvation and drinking poison in the jungle.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)
-garbon, February 23, 2014