News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

What are you eating?

Started by jimmy olsen, March 15, 2009, 11:30:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Capetan Mihali

While I was in Jersey, I decided to pick up one of my favorite Italian/Italian-American seasonal specialties - pannetone - and bring it to the office to introduce it to my Yankee coworkers.  It went over like a house on fire. :)
"The internet's completely over. [...] The internet's like MTV. At one time MTV was hip and suddenly it became outdated. Anyway, all these computers and digital gadgets are no good. They just fill your head with numbers and that can't be good for you."
-- Prince, 2010. (R.I.P.)

Caliga

Quote from: Capetan Mihali on December 24, 2014, 12:02:59 AM
While I was in Jersey, I decided to pick up one of my favorite Italian/Italian-American seasonal specialties - pannetone - and bring it to the office to introduce it to my Yankee coworkers.  It went over like a house on fire. :)
Of course it did.  Yankee cuisine couldn't be more boring if it tried.
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Syt

Making myself  some homemade potato wedges with olive oil and Eye-tay-lian 'erbs. :mmm:
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Eddie Teach

Quote from: Caliga on December 24, 2014, 01:50:13 PM
Of course it did.  Yankee cuisine couldn't be more boring if it tried.

What does Yankee cuisine consist of? Besides clam chowdah, that is.  :hmm:
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Ideologue

Quote from: Tonitrus on December 02, 2014, 09:31:34 PM
Here ya go Ide, tis the season...

Just looking at that makes my beta islets hurt.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

Ideologue

Quote from: Capetan Mihali on December 18, 2014, 06:40:22 AM
Canned pineapple.  I like it so much better than the fresh stuff.  :blush:

:)

I made some pear salad for lunch yesterday.  I almost got pineapple instead, but decided I wanted something less tart.

(In case it has different definitions elsewhere, pear salad and pineapple salad are the primary ingredient plus mayonnaise or Miracle Whip and cheddar cheese.  Pretty delicious, though it's a lot better when all the ingredients are properly chilled.  Oops. -_- )

The takeaway is SOMETIMES I DO EAT FRUIT.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

garbon

I had my first Chick fil a. It was pretty good.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

The Brain

Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Sheilbh

Quote from: Syt on October 08, 2014, 01:07:12 PM
As long as it isn't Labskaus.
The German cousin of scouse :wub:

Saffron cake :mmm:
Let's bomb Russia!

Sheilbh

Quote from: Capetan Mihali on December 18, 2014, 06:40:22 AM
Canned pineapple.  I like it so much better than the fresh stuff.  :blush:
Satan's fruit <_<
Let's bomb Russia!

garbon

Pineapple may be overused but it is still tasty.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

11B4V

"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

Eddie Teach

I tried a Slim Jim today. Didn't care for it. The flavor was meat-like, but the texture was just wrong.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Siege

I'm eating dick shit.
In infantry that means not eating nothing,  as in starving, or falling down off a hill in hellistan.

"All men are created equal, then some become infantry."

"Those who beat their swords into plowshares will plow for those who don't."

"Laissez faire et laissez passer, le monde va de lui même!"

Caliga

My cousin made egg nog fudge and mailed me a tin of it.  Princesca hated it but I think it's great. :hmm:
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points