News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

What are you eating?

Started by jimmy olsen, March 15, 2009, 11:30:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eddie Teach

I had biscuits and gravy today. Verdict: Overrated. :contract:
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Capetan Mihali

Quote from: Admiral Yi on August 21, 2009, 07:55:26 PM
You are a good Jew. :thumbsup:

In college we used to buy racks of Moosehead for 5.99 (1981) knowing full well a quarter of the bottles would be skunked since they were stored warm.

Mmm, Moosehead... truly the skunkiest beer.  Between that and Heineken, I always figured that was just the flavor of imported quality, until I finally tried some fresh foreign beer. 

QuoteExcept for the white steak.  :Embarrass: :lol:

:pinch:  Well, the thin-sliced chops were on heavy mark-down at ShopRite...
"The internet's completely over. [...] The internet's like MTV. At one time MTV was hip and suddenly it became outdated. Anyway, all these computers and digital gadgets are no good. They just fill your head with numbers and that can't be good for you."
-- Prince, 2010. (R.I.P.)

Capetan Mihali

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on August 22, 2009, 01:29:43 PM

I think white gravy is just kind of disgusting generally.
"The internet's completely over. [...] The internet's like MTV. At one time MTV was hip and suddenly it became outdated. Anyway, all these computers and digital gadgets are no good. They just fill your head with numbers and that can't be good for you."

Ed Anger

Cal will retort that you didn't have them in a disgusting gas station.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

DisturbedPervert

Quote from: Capetan Mihali on August 22, 2009, 01:48:21 PM
Mmm, Moosehead... truly the skunkiest beer. 

It's not just a name, it's a list of ingredients.

Capetan Mihali

Speaking of white, gelatinous, meat-based sauces, when I was down in Ocean City, MD, I figured it was a good opportunity to try some real cream chipped beef on toast at a local coffee shop.

The first half of a slice was "good," the second half was edible, and by the second and third slices I had to resort to spreading the remainder around my plate so the waitress wouldn't think I was a pussy.   :Embarrass:

Ed Anger

Quote from: Capetan Mihali on August 22, 2009, 01:53:47 PM
Speaking of white, gelatinous, meat-based sauces, when I was down in Ocean City, MD, I figured it was a good opportunity to try some real cream chipped beef on toast at a local coffee shop.

The first half of a slice was "good," the second half was edible, and by the second and third slices I had to resort to spreading the remainder around my plate so the waitress wouldn't think I was a pussy.   :Embarrass:

IIRC, it always got nasty when it cools off. But then again, I haven't had chipped beef in decades.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

DontSayBanana

Making myself a california roll for lunch.
Experience bij!

Darth Wagtaros

Quote from: Capetan Mihali on August 22, 2009, 01:53:47 PM

The first half of a slice was "good," the second half was edible, and by the second and third slices I had to resort to spreading the remainder around my plate so the waitress wouldn't think I was a pussy.   :Embarrass:
Next try scrapple.
PDH!

Capetan Mihali

Caliga

Quote from: Ed Anger on August 22, 2009, 01:52:34 PM

No, it's because he didn't have mine.  I make the best biscuits and gravy I've ever had.  It's what I had for breakfast today.  :cool:
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

saskganesh

hot dog, 5 tacos, 500 ml choc milk, 2 margaritas and a chocolate bar.
humans were created in their own image

sbr

Quote from: Caliga on September 07, 2009, 06:57:30 PM
Quote from: Ed Anger on August 22, 2009, 01:52:34 PM

No, it's because he didn't have mine.  I make the best biscuits and gravy I've ever had.  It's what I had for breakfast today.  :cool:

Is your gravy recipe a family secret?  I have been looking for a good recipe for a while now.

Caliga

Not at all. First, I take four frozen biscuits (brand doesn't matter so long as they are either buttermilk or 'southern-style') outta the freezer, preheat the oven to 350 (I think... whatever the biscuit package says), and throw the biscuits in there.

Next, I take half a tube of Purnell's Medium Whole Hog Sausage and bust it up with a wooden spoon in a skillet over high heat.

Once it's all brown and in smallish pieces, I add one cup of hot water and one cup of milk.  Then, I turn the heat up to high and, when the liquid starts to boil, I stir in half a packet of Southeastern Mills Pepper Gravy mix.  Once I've got the mix powder thoroughly stirred in, I turn the heat down to low and simmer the sausage gravy till the biscuits are done.

Once everything is done cooking, I split the biscuits, putting four halves on a plate, cover the biscuits with the gravy, and then liberally sprinkle the gravy with ground black pepper.
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Tonitrus

Lean Cuisine Roasted garlic chicken pizza. 

These things are pretty damned good.