News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The gift thread

Started by Pedrito, February 05, 2014, 06:27:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mongers

I buy a bundle for one or two games, but really I should try gifting the other ones instead of activitating them on steam and then sitting in my game library never played.

So how do I go about gifting these games, can I just do it by pm'ing the game keys direct to whoever wants them?

As an example I've some version of empire total war on steam, largely unplayed, so if I get the total collection key from a bundle and import it to steam, then won't it  'over-write' my base game and leave me with nothing to gift on steam? 
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

garbon

I believe there is an option to gift if a humble bundle.

Otherwise, I would assume you'd need to just send the key to someone and then they can activate on steam. If you 'import on to steam', wouldn't that just be you activating it on your steam account?
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

mongers

Quote from: garbon on April 24, 2018, 10:05:10 AM
I believe there is an option to gift if a humble bundle.

Otherwise, I would assume you'd need to just send the key to someone and then they can activate on steam. If you 'import on to steam', wouldn't that just be you activating it on your steam account?

Thanks for that, Gaby.

Yes I've just noticed the gifting option within humble bundle account/library.

mongers

So I've some misc. steam codes to gift for:
Endless Space - Collection
Planetary Annihilation: TITANS
Company of Heroes 2 - Whale and Dolphin Conse

If anyone want them?

Josquius

Quote from: Pedrito on October 22, 2017, 05:33:50 AM
Quote from: Tyr on October 05, 2017, 11:27:13 AM
Gal Civ 3 anyone?

Is it still available? And is the game worth the $ 0,00? Somewhere I've read it's too similar to GalCiv 2, at least in the vanilla version.

L.

Oh...I'm a year late. But yes. I think that's available if anyone wants it.

Just remembered this thread but.
Injustice Gods Among Us and Mad Max are available. Probably other stuff too....
██████
██████
██████

Rex Francorum

I have a copy of Mad Max (from the Humble Bundle pack). I already have it. Any interested?
To rent

mongers

Quote from: Rex Francorum on November 08, 2018, 03:23:43 AM
I have a copy of Mad Max (from the Humble Bundle pack). I already have it. Any interested?

Hey Rex, good to see you back posting, how are you doing? :cheers:

Pity there's no way to 'donate' all of these unused steam games/keys to some charitable cause to somehow generate some money or refunds.