News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Hearts of Iron IV

Started by Josephus, January 24, 2014, 07:06:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Crazy_Ivan80

Quote from: DGuller on July 06, 2017, 03:00:43 PM
Less dumb in some place, much more dumb in others.  If you want to win the war now, just stand pat and let AI suicide into you.  It doesn't seem to be deterred by running out of men and materiel, or total lack of progress.

so they finally managed a WW1 AI

Josephus

Quote from: Razgovory on May 13, 2017, 04:41:40 PM
I think the most recent patch screwed up the game.  In the last two games, China drove the Japanese off the mainland and in my last one Poland went to war with Latvia, captured Berlin and up ruling most of Hungary and Czechoslovakia.

In my one post patch game, I didn't see that at all. Japan beat China.
The interesting thing I saw, is that for once AI Germany captured Norway.

It's annoying, though, that Japan always fights Russia as part of Axis....there needs to be a NA treaty in the focus trees.
Civis Romanus Sum

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

mongers

Finally HOI naval AI is getting a little less inaccurate:

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-40682442
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Josephus

meh...this game is annoying. playing as USSR, captured Berlin, Germany was almost defeated; but then the Japanese attacked from the east, gave provinces to Germany and the German Reich suddenly grew out of nowhere east of Stalingrad.
Before I knew it, Germany was at the gates of Moscow, only from the East--which makes the whole "move factories to the east event" a waste of time.
Civis Romanus Sum

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

Valmy

Quote from: Josephus on August 04, 2017, 01:01:48 PM
meh...this game is annoying. playing as USSR, captured Berlin, Germany was almost defeated; but then the Japanese attacked from the east, gave provinces to Germany and the German Reich suddenly grew out of nowhere east of Stalingrad.
Before I knew it, Germany was at the gates of Moscow, only from the East--which makes the whole "move factories to the east event" a waste of time.

:blink:
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

DGuller

You have to check your country once in a while, make sure that it isn't occupied by the enemy.  It's pretty important.

Josephus

Quote from: DGuller on August 04, 2017, 01:39:24 PM
You have to check your country once in a while, make sure that it isn't occupied by the enemy.  It's pretty important.

Now you tell me!
Civis Romanus Sum

Razgovory

Got a new PC with a stupid AMD card now the game no worky with the most recent patch. :(
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

mongers

Quote from: Razgovory on August 25, 2017, 02:28:49 AM
Got a new PC with a stupid AMD card now the game no worky with the most recent patch. :(

Following on from this is Hearts of Iron 3 worth a go?

As I don't like the look of 4 and I think my PC would struggle with it, also might well have the same problem as Raz anyway.

crazy canuck

Quote from: mongers on January 02, 2018, 05:24:36 PM

No.  I don't think that ever worked

mongers

Quote from: crazy canuck on January 02, 2018, 05:32:01 PM
Quote from: mongers on January 02, 2018, 05:24:36 PM

No.  I don't think that ever worked

Thanks CC for the quick reply. :cheers:

Day of the Tentacle it is instead.

frunk

Latest patch is a big improvement.  The two most significant in my eyes are being able to attach air units to Armies and AI performance.  Managing Air assets isn't the massive headache it was before.  The AI conducts counter attacks at weak points quite effectively and isn't constantly shuffling units.  It can still be fooled but it's a big improvement on the "assign armies to area, attack" method of winning.

garbon

Apparently 60% off this weekend.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Josephus

Been playing this game a lot the last month. I really, really want to like it. But......not sure. Too many annoying things.
Civis Romanus Sum

Razgovory

The Expert AI mod helps.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017