News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Hearthstone

Started by Syt, December 16, 2013, 02:24:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Grey Fox

I hadn't played in a while. Damn, I have no idea how to beat anyone anymore.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

frunk

My Paladin deck seems to be terrible and I rebuilt it three times.  I think I was on an 8 or 9 loss streak before I won my first ranked game with them.

Iormlund

$%·"%!%$52" mages! <_<

Seriously, WTF.

Valmy

When you play a mage deck do you need to stop and eat and drink after every game?
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Iormlund

Iormlund

First arena: druid, 2 victories.
Second arena: paladin, 4 victories.
Third arena: mage, 9 fucking victories.

:wacko:

Seriously, WTF.

Berkut

Yeah, the mage is just broken.
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

Iormlund

I think the main problem is the mage hero ability. It allows you to trade up minions regularly without repercussions, whereas similar abilities are subjected to Taunt and carry a health penalty (druid and especially rogue) or require board advantage in the first place (priest, paladin).

Then on top of it you have Fireball, Flamestrike, Sheep, Blizzard, the elemental ...

Syt

I've played a couple of games the last two nights. My favorite class is Rogue at the moment (followed by Hunter). I'm trying a few of the builds from Hearthpwn, and having fun tuning them to my style of play which is keeping the opponent off the board with a combination of combos, spells and low cost minions. It's really amusing if cheesy at times, but if an opponent manages to get into the late game I'm usually toast. :lol:
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

frunk

I finally have enough Priest cards to build an effective deck and damn if it isn't fun.  It feels more Roguey than the Rogue.  Copying cards, stealing minions, switching attack and health around, switching damage and healing around.  It seems to do quite well against the Mage too.

Grey Fox

Already got to rank 19 this season, wasn't too hard but now it'll get way harder since I cannot pick a class. I play whatever the daily is, makes for collecting cards harder.

I'm partial to Shaman, Hunter & Rogues. Haven't had a Priest daily in so long, can't remember them.

Syt

I've played some hilarious non-ladder matches with a priest and all kinds of "cheap" cards I could get - everything that copies enemy cards, steals their minions, plus some card draw. It's not gonna win any prizes but it's all kinds of hilarious when you keep beating your opponents with their own cards all the time. :lol:
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

frunk

My general pattern is to play the Arena if it matches my daily, or I have enough gold to buy another Arena ticket.  Otherwise I play ranked matches until I'm ranked one better than my best last month.  Otherwise I play casual.

Syt

Had a game with my Priest against a Mage, and it was the luckiest draw for me, ever. The Mage quit when he still had 22 health left (I was at 30). Ragnaros was played 4 times: 1st, me putting out a random minion from the opponent's deck. He polymorphs it after it killed one of his minions. Then I draw the regular one from my deck and play it - the mage has a secret that duplicates it. Unfortunately for him, my Rag kills his. Next turn he plays his regular Rag. It kills my 2/1 loot hoarder. Next turn, my Rag kills his, again. Mage ragequits. :lol:
—Stephen Jay Gould

Grey Fox

Hearthstone!

I have no Legendary.