News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Hearthstone

Started by Syt, December 16, 2013, 02:24:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Syt

Anyone playing it? Grey Fox, I believe?

If anyone has a beta key, I wouldn't mind taking it. :)
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Grey Fox

Yes!

If I ever come across another one, I'll send it your way.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Syt

That'd be sweet. :)

What's your impressions of the game?
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Cecil

I play it as well. Its a fun little timewaster although the balance is a joke atm, and I´m not sure any cardgame this simple can be balanced. Best thing they can do is a rock paper scissors approach.

Grey Fox

I like it alot, I play almost everyday.

Presentation wise. It has the the World of Warcraft feel & already has the Blizzard polish with complete voice over & battle animation and of certain cards. Runs pretty smoothly, despite still having a couple of card placement & alt-tab bugs.

Gameplay wise. I have never played another TCG seriously. It's very easy to pick up compared to MTG mostly because of it's smaller deck size(30 cards) and land/resource management done automatically.

The 9 WoW Class Heroes do provide for a lot of the variety of style even if the number of cards available is still very limited (280).

Reading on different forums, people have trouble understanding that a traditional TCG doesn't reward you everytiime you play it, like a video game usually does. I've seen alot of complaints on how to acrue daily quest rewards/gold, you have to play against random strangers while playing your friends gives you nothing.

The Metagame is crazy & moves very fast. I've been in the Beta since early October & it has already moved into it's 4th best-way-to-win-system.

The Arena sucks, fuck the Arena.

That said, the game needs alot of new features. More stat tracking, replays of your games, meta features, etc.

Sophie Scholl

I got into the beta and am quite enjoying what little I've played.  I used to play Magic, Star Wars, and The Lord of the Rings in terms of CCG's in the past.  While a lot more "simple", I think I actually enjoy that simplicity.  It makes for quicker, smoother games.  I basically unlocked the paladin deck and played with exclusively that so far.
"Everything that brought you here -- all the things that made you a prisoner of past sins -- they are gone. Forever and for good. So let the past go... and live."

"Somebody, after all, had to make a start. What we wrote and said is also believed by many others. They just don't dare express themselves as we did."

Crazy_Ivan80

Quote from: Cecil on December 16, 2013, 02:44:14 PM
I play it as well. Its a fun little timewaster although the balance is a joke atm, and I´m not sure any cardgame this simple can be balanced. Best thing they can do is a rock paper scissors approach.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rock-paper-scissors-lizard-Spock

Syt

Got my beta key (which, knowing my luck, probably means they go open beta in a day or two :P ).

I probably won't get around to playing before the weekend, though.

I've been watching TotalBiscuit's ranked games with deck made of legendaries only - rather hilarious. :lol:
—Stephen Jay Gould

Grey Fox

Syt

Quote from: Grey Fox on December 19, 2013, 10:03:17 AM
I need to watch that.

He made it to 20, but it seems it's pretty much luck based by now, because he has barely anything for the early game on that deck.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Iormlund

I used to follow that guy to see new dungeon bosses in WoW. I've seen also some Hearthstone stuff. The one he played with Legendaries against a Rogue (who promptly crushed him in a couple turns) was hilarious.

Syt

He's currently my preferred games reviewer as he appears to have largely similar tastes to mine. He also sounds to me like a younger version RH. :P
—Stephen Jay Gould

Habbaku

TotalBiscuit is definitely the best games reviewer that I pay frequent attention to.   :)
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Grey Fox

I won my 100th victory last night. 300 gold reward :cool:

Now over 1k gold.

Syt

I've unlocked all chars and have begun playing ranked matches. I'm playing Warrior mostly (my class from when I played WoW in 2005), though I may change to Hunter.

Just had a fun game against a mage ... I kept getting rid of his minions, and had enough armor to shrug off his attacks. I finished him with a Raging Worgen on which I cast Inner Rage (+ 1 attack from enrage, + 2 attack from Inner Rage = 6 attack) and rampage (+3 attack, +3 health). Damaging the Worgen also triggers whirlwind. I hit him for 18 damage. :lol:
—Stephen Jay Gould