And we're back!

Main Menu

Ukraine's European Revolution?

Started by Sheilbh, December 03, 2013, 07:39:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Iormlund

Quote from: Razgovory on December 04, 2013, 01:46:49 AM
Quote from: Queequeg on December 04, 2013, 01:37:04 AM
It's a sad state of affairs that this is now such a Manichean choice.

Yeah, what with Hitler and demons as part of the EU now.

Now?

You obviously don't read Brit press.

Razgovory

Why would anyone in their right mind do that?
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Josquius

Quote from: jimmy olsen on December 04, 2013, 12:42:52 AM
Pro Russian - Anti EU Propaganda

NSFW
http://i.imgur.com/LDDGQeK.jpg
so...cowboys or spacemen?
And isn't Russia the one with the drugs....
██████
██████
██████

Razgovory

Never thought of Hitler as a cowboy.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Josquius

The kissing guys. At first flance one looked like a cowboy and there seemed to be a tent behind them. Along with a strange psycho baby in pink SWAT armour.
██████
██████
██████

Sheilbh

Russia:
QuoteRussian TV Goes Crazy Over Ukraine Protests
What's "the only difference" between the EU summit in Vilnius last week and the Munich accords of 1938 which appeased Nazi Germany? "Today's goal is to deprive Russia of its allies, and tear Ukraine away."
posted on December 5, 2013 at 3:17pm EST
Max Seddon

KIEV, Ukraine — Nobody can have been more taken aback by the huge anti-government protests that sprung up here over the weekend than Russians who get their news from state television. As President Viktor Yanukovych mulled signing a deal with the European Union in November, Russian channels insisted that the agreement was of no use to Ukraine, which was "just a means" for the West to strike at the Kremlin, the only party that could help Kiev avoid a crippling foreign debt crisis. When Yanukovych abruptly backed out of the deal before a summit in Vilnius last week under heavy Russian pressure, presenters could barely conceal their glee at seeing Ukraine return to Moscow's sphere of influence.

"The best thing that could happen to you in historical perspective," radio host Sergei Dorenko said, "is for a German to stand over every Ukrainian with a lash and start yelling 'Arbeiten, schnelle schnelle.' I think that's your destiny, my dear brothers - to be a rotten backwater."

When hundreds of thousands of Ukrainians decided otherwise last Sunday and took to the streets to protest a violent police breakup of a tent city, pro-Putin news anchors scrambled for answers. The Rossiya channel claimed the protesters were funded and trained by the U.S. State Department, then showed an edited clip from Ukrainian TV to suggest a man admitting he had been paid to attend a pro-Yanukovych meeting had actually gone to a pro-EU protest. NTV, famous for pseudo-documentary hit pieces on the opposition, said the march was full of "professional revolutionaries, for whom organizing riots is a job."

Meteorologist Vadim Zavodchenkov took the scientific approach on Rossiya 24. "Disturbances are continuing in Kiev. They started on exactly the same day the Orange Revolution did nine years ago," he began. "Yet again, the dramatic worsening of the political climate has coincided with a transitional period between seasons."

According to Zavodchenkov, scientists in Russia and at Columbia University have found that bad weather "provokes people to start conflicts."
He then went through a forecast. Temperatures and Kiev had fluctuated above and below freezing all weekend. Atmospheric pressure was getting worse. A warm wind from the Baltic would be supplanted later in the week by cold weather from the north, he said: "the blizzards and frosts that hit Moscow and Central Russia will reach the Dniepr too." After all, he said, Ukrainians should remember that standing outside in cold temperatures for long periods is a heath hazard.

The most esoteric interpretation, however, came from Rossiya's Dmitry Kiselev, a weekend anchor famous for his tirades against gays, for his love of comparing the Kremlin's enemies to the Nazis, and for his manic jazz hands. Kiselev started off by likening the Vilnius summit to the Munich agreement of 1938, where Allied powers allowed Nazi Germany to annex the Sudetenland in Czechoslovakia. "The only difference," he said, "is that today's goal is to deprive Russia of its allies, and tear Ukraine away."

Then he listed the countries at the heart of EU attempts to bring Ukraine into the fold. "Sweden, Poland, Lithuania – does that sound familiar?" he asked. "It's the same alliance Peter the Great defeated at Poltava in 1709. Amusing as it sounds, it now looks like they want revenge for Poltava," a city in central Ukraine. Swedish Foreign Minister Carl Bildt, Kiselev said, "was a CIA agent in his youth" and out to avenge his aristocratic ancestors in command of the army.

But Sweden's nefarious plot to snatch Ukraine from Russia doesn't end at EU free trade agreements and liberalizing the general prosecutor's office, Kiselev said. He then began discussing Biss och Kajs, or "Wee-Wee and Poo-Poo," a children's TV show that teaches young Swedes about their bodily functions with actors dressed as the title characters, a musical ensemble known as the "Butt Orchestra," and "singing genitalia." Rather than find it bizarre on its own terms, Kiselev compared it to short-lived experimental childhood sex education in the Soviet Union's "enlightement" years from 1921 to 1925, which encouraged children to be open about their sexual needs.

"Europe's late. Very late indeed," Kiselev said. "The sex education standards there are almost copied from our child laboratories in the 1920s. So if we return to Sweden," he added, "it's no surprise that child abortions are surging, child sex is normal, they start at nine, but it all goes wrong when they hit 12: childhood impotency. A new challenge, progressive Swedes say. There you have it — European values in all their glory."

Also Swedish TV:

:blink:
Let's bomb Russia!

derspiess

Brain owes us an explanation on that.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

The Brain

Biss and Kajs doesn't mean Wee-Wee and Poo-Poo. Kiss and Bajs would mean that, but letters have been changed to protect the guilty. And I don't think I have to explain the appeal of a show about bodily functions on Languish.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Barrister

Quote from: The Brain on December 05, 2013, 03:58:01 PM
Biss and Kajs doesn't mean Wee-Wee and Poo-Poo. Kiss and Bajs would mean that, but letters have been changed to protect the guilty. And I don't think I have to explain the appeal of a show about bodily functions on Languish.

:lol: Fair enough.  I'm sure Timmy would love watching a show called Wee-Wee and Poo-Poo.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Valmy

I hope somebody will put an end to the evil schemes of those foul Lithuanians.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

derspiess

I'm still stumped as to why there is a need for a show to teach kids about pooping and peeing.  Kids seem to know that pretty damned well.

Also how would you like to have to put on your resume that you dressed up like a turd for a kids show.  Or I guess a stream of piss for that matter :lol:
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

The Brain

Quote from: derspiess on December 05, 2013, 04:07:35 PM
I'm still stumped as to why there is a need for a show to teach kids about pooping and peeing.  Kids seem to know that pretty damned well.

Also how would you like to have to put on your resume that you dressed up like a turd for a kids show.  Or I guess a stream of piss for that matter :lol:

Many kids don't know the stool chart by heart. Do you?

Btw, dude may have been exaggerating a bit when talking about Swedish child sex problems.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Admiral Yi

Quote from: derspiess on December 05, 2013, 04:07:35 PM

Beats working for a living.

Agelastus

Quote from: The Brain on December 05, 2013, 04:09:10 PM

I didn't a few minutes ago.

Now I don't know whether to laugh or cry at the knowledge that kids are apparently shown a chart like that as part of their early education.

I also smell a possible poll for a slow day on Languish.
"Come grow old with me
The Best is yet to be
The last of life for which the first was made."

derspiess

Quote from: Agelastus on December 05, 2013, 05:05:54 PM
Quote from: The Brain on December 05, 2013, 04:09:10 PM

I didn't a few minutes ago.

Now I don't know whether to laugh or cry at the knowledge that kids are apparently shown a chart like that as part of their early education.

I also smell a possible poll for a slow day on Languish.

I broke down and googled it as well.  Was not aware there was such a thing, but I think it is actually something we can use here.  Instead of going into the details, Ed can just tell us Type 1, Type 7, etc. and be done with it.