News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Star citizen

Started by Alcibiades, November 26, 2013, 02:23:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Neil

I am looking forward to this.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Crazy_Ivan80

Quote from: Tamas on November 28, 2013, 06:39:03 AM
from the comments under RPS`s coverage of the latest Elite dev diary, I can tell there will be severe fanboi wars between the Elite and Star Citizen crowds.  :D

"Yeah well it is not true that SC is only going to alpha at the end of next year, there will be single player dogfighting available soon, it will only be the persistent universe at end of next year"

and

"since SC will be done last, I am sure they will learn their lessons from X Rebirth and Elite: Dangerous, so it will be the greatest of the three!"

etc.

fanboys.. ugh.

more than enough SC people have backed Elite, and vice versa. Luckily. Ideally both of them turn out very very well
-----------------------
btw: take a look at this (http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1964463742/the-mandate): seems promising. Only a few more days for the Kickstarter

Berkut

SO I've been poking around at this - anyone else cautiously excited?
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

celedhring

Wait, is it actually coming out?

Barrister

Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

crazy canuck

Quote from: Berkut on May 20, 2017, 06:58:00 AM

I was cautiously exited about a year ago.  Now this is just some game I used to know.

Alcibiades

I bought a founders pack back in 2013.... I'll be a bit more excited about it in 2020.   :P
Wait...  What would you know about masculinity, you fucking faggot?  - Overly Autistic Neil

OTOH, if you think that a Jew actually IS poisoning the wells you should call the cops. IMHO.   - The Brain

crazy canuck

Quote from: Alcibiades on May 21, 2017, 10:47:34 AM

I bought a founders pack back in 2013.... I'll be a bit more excited about it in 2020.   :P

This game, I mean the promise of a game, is the main reason I don't even look at crowd funding entertainment projects anymore.  On the bright side, I started looking at crowd funding science projects  :)

Valmy

I don't get it. The game has not even been released yet. What if it is good? Granted I don't know how much money you sank into it.

Even science projects might take a few years to complete CC :P
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

CountDeMoney

lol  software crowdfunding.  Ponzi will always find his suckers.

Valmy

Quote from: CountDeMoney on May 21, 2017, 02:45:37 PM
lol  software crowdfunding.  Ponzi will always find his suckers.

Every game I have funded has come out and been great :mellow:

Well ok most of InXile's games are highly flawed but still a lot of fun.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

crazy canuck

Quote from: Valmy on May 21, 2017, 02:38:11 PM
I don't get it. The game has not even been released yet. What if it is good? Granted I don't know how much money you sank into it.

But at least with science, I am happy to pay for the process.  And if the game is good  I will purchase it.  If it is never released, I will have saved that money.  I didn't put any money into it.  It seemed pretty obvious it was going this way from the start.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Valmy on May 21, 2017, 03:06:00 PM
Every game I have funded has come out and been great :mellow:

:mellow:

QuoteWell ok most of InXile's games are highly flawed but still a lot of fun.

:nelson:

Berkut

Quote from: crazy canuck on May 21, 2017, 04:56:26 PM
Quote from: Valmy on May 21, 2017, 02:38:11 PM

But at least with science, I am happy to pay for the process.  And if the game is good  I will purchase it.  If it is never released, I will have saved that money.  I didn't put any money into it.  It seemed pretty obvious it was going this way from the start.

Going which way?
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

Monoriu

I refuse to crowd fund anything.