DNA Sequencing Megathread! Neanderthals, Denisovans and other ancient DNA!

Started by jimmy olsen, November 03, 2013, 07:07:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Josquius

I thought it would be something more on the theory that some prehistoric people came to North America from the east with short boat journeys on the edge if the ice. That the ones who came from Asia have European heritage.... Doesn't excite me so much
██████
██████
██████

Agelastus

Quote from: Siege on November 03, 2013, 08:58:54 PM
Come on, this is Eurocentrism.
Appearanly is not enough that Europe got the Renainssance Event because of their savage political fragmentation while quite civilized civilizations got fucked.

:lmfao:
"Come grow old with me
The Best is yet to be
The last of life for which the first was made."

MadImmortalMan

Come on. There's always been a difference between Siege posting and Siege posting drunk. I think most of us can tell the difference now.  :P
"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers

Sheilbh

Quote from: MadImmortalMan on November 04, 2013, 05:53:45 AM
Come on. There's always been a difference between Siege posting and Siege posting drunk. I think most of us can tell the difference now.  :P
He's got an excuse when he's drunk? :P
Let's bomb Russia!

KRonn

This make sense and doesn't seem far fetched at all, that people of European and Asian types mixed before people moved across the Bering Strait. It doesn't seem so unusal given the proximity of the regions. Researchers have been finding European DNA in American Indians, and have found some American Indian skeletons with Caucasion features and this would be at least one reason for it.

grumbler

Quote from: MadImmortalMan on November 04, 2013, 05:53:45 AM
Siege has the best schtick going.  Some times he lays it on too thick, and we call it "Siege posting drunk," but most of the time he gets the schtick just right, and we are left wondering (as intended) whether or not his post is a joke.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

Savonarola

Quote from: Siege on November 03, 2013, 09:45:26 PM
Still, it is racism and Eurocentrism.

Take for example, Twerking.

That shit been around for 20 years. 1993 New Orleans first recorded event. Since then, in thousands of hip-hop videos by African-americans.

Yet it took a white trash girl, Miley Cyrus, to do it in the MTV Video Awards, for the word to be added to the Oxford Dictionary.

If this is not racism, I don't know what it is.

Oxford University Press:  Still keeping the black man down.
In Italy, for thirty years under the Borgias, they had warfare, terror, murder and bloodshed, but they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci and the Renaissance. In Switzerland, they had brotherly love, they had five hundred years of democracy and peace—and what did that produce? The cuckoo clock

viper37

I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

grumbler

Still, it is racism and Eurocentrism.

Take for example, Twerking.

That shit been around for 20 years. 1993 New Orleans first recorded event. Since then, in thousands of hip-hop videos by African-americans.

Yet it took a white trash girl, Miley Cyrus, to do it in the MTV Video Awards, for the word to be added to the Oxford Dictionary.

If this is not racism, I don't know what it is.

What a racist post.  What you racists don't understand is that twerking is just the honk name for something that has been part of African dance for generations.  Just because some white Jew first notices it in 1993 doesn't mean that it was first "recorded" in New Orleans in 1993.  That shit has been around longer than you have been aware of it, and only a racist would argue that twerking first began when a Jew noticed it.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

Valmy

Quote from: viper37 on November 04, 2013, 10:43:07 AM
Quote from: Siege on November 03, 2013, 08:58:54 PM
quite civilized civilizations got fucked.
Like the Arab civilization?

Eh they did it to themselves, never use slaves as your armed forces.  Granted the Mongols might have done them in anyway.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

crazy canuck

I saw it in clubs in the 80s.  Unfortunately I did not recorded it.  We do not know whether the first inhabitants of North America twerked.

We do know that it took a white girl doing it go convince some school boards to ban twerking at school dances.

Josquius

I don't know what twerking is and I somehow feel enter for it
██████
██████
██████

Valmy

Quote from: crazy canuck on November 04, 2013, 12:30:25 PM

I saw it in clubs in the 80s.  Unfortunately I did not recorded it.  We do not know whether the first inhabitants of North America twerked.

We do know that it took a white girl doing it go convince some school boards to ban twerking at school dances.

Heck I saw white girls doing it years ago.  Not really sure why this suddenly became something worthy of discussion now.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Eddie Teach

To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Siege

"All men are created equal, then some become infantry."

"Those who beat their swords into plowshares will plow for those who don't."

"Laissez faire et laissez passer, le monde va de lui même!"