News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

CSI Venezuela

Started by Savonarola, October 22, 2013, 02:15:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Barrister

Quote from: Admiral Yi on March 19, 2019, 02:17:27 AM
Check the app store.  I don't have a smart phone.

:blink:

I'm more baffled by this than all the euros who don't own cars.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

viper37

Quote from: Barrister on March 19, 2019, 10:03:07 AM
Quote from: Admiral Yi on March 19, 2019, 02:17:27 AM
Check the app store.  I don't have a smart phone.

:blink:

I'm more baffled by this than all the euros who don't own cars.
there a are a few like Yi.  A dying breed...  ;)
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

derspiess

Read an article that crime is down slightly in Venezuela because criminals/gangs (plus the regime?) are having difficulty affording ammunition due to the economic collapse.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

viper37

Quote from: derspiess on March 19, 2019, 03:38:03 PM
Read an article that crime is down slightly in Venezuela because criminals/gangs (plus the regime?) are having difficulty affording ammunition due to the economic collapse.
is that the future of the US under President Trump's third term? ;)
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

Eddie Teach

We have plenty stocked up.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

mongers

I wonder if a good sprint will be enough for us to catch up on the Venezuelans?  :bowler:
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

derspiess

Quote from: viper37 on March 19, 2019, 09:48:38 PM
Quote from: derspiess on March 19, 2019, 03:38:03 PM
is that the future of the US under President Trump's third term? ;)

:P

I typed that without including "Venezuela" at first.  That would have been an even bigger set-up for you guys.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

mongers

Little green men, maybe a Syrian style intervention, protecting their 'investment' or perhaps just election observers?

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-latin-america-47688711

Venezuela crisis: Russian military planes land near Caracas
25 March 2019 

Two Russian military planes landed in Venezuela's main airport on Saturday, reportedly carrying dozens of troops and large amounts of equipment.

The planes were sent to "fulfil technical military contracts", Russia's Sputnik news agency reported.

Javier Mayorca, a Venezuelan journalist, wrote on Twitter that he saw about 100 troops and 35 tonnes of equipment offloaded from the planes.

It comes three months after the two nations held joint military exercises.

Russia has long been an ally of Venezuela, lending the South American nation billions of dollars and backing its oil industry and military.

Prof. Steve Hanke 
@steve_hanke

More Russian soldiers unload in #Venezuela to help prop up Pres. #Maduro. The Ilyushin IL-62M is used to carry military personnel and frequently flies troops from #Russia to Syria -- indeed it stopped in #Syria on its way from Russia to #Caracas. pic.twitter.com/YfU2SnZacJ

8:22 PM - 24 Mar 2019

https://mobile.twitter.com/steve_hanke/status/1109913312559616001/photo/1

Admiral Yi

This was already mentioned upstream mongers.  Private contractors there to prop up the bad guys.

mongers

Quote from: Admiral Yi on March 25, 2019, 06:04:42 PM
This was already mentioned upstream mongers.  Private contractors there to prop up the bad guys.

Oh.

But this is an additional lot, maybe the vanguard of something bigger if Maduro lights the blue touch paper?

Admiral Yi

More demonic mobile device generated power outages reported.  NPR

Tonitrus

Quote from: Admiral Yi on March 25, 2019, 06:04:42 PM

Time for a blockade.

derspiess

This may have been mentioned already, but I read that the original blackout was triggered by a fire at a substation.  Grass was allowed to grow too high and caught on fire.  Somehow that triggered a chain of events that essentially destroyed the turbine at the main hydroelectric dam. 

Also read that turbine was manufactured by GE.  No way to get it replaced with sanctions and no dollars.  The US should offer to replace it for free if Maduro steps down.

Valmy

Quote from: derspiess on March 29, 2019, 02:29:59 PM
This may have been mentioned already, but I read that the original blackout was triggered by a fire at a substation.  Grass was allowed to grow too high and caught on fire.  Somehow that triggered a chain of events that essentially destroyed the turbine at the main hydroelectric dam. 

Also read that turbine was manufactured by GE.  No way to get it replaced with sanctions and no dollars.  The US should offer to replace it for free if Maduro steps down.

Vegetation management. Now that is a pretty pathetic way for your substation to fail.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Tamas