News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

CSI Venezuela

Started by Savonarola, October 22, 2013, 02:15:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Savonarola

He who controls the toilet paper controls the future. He who controls the present controls the toilet paper.

Quote3800 More Toilet Paper Packs Found Hoarded

Oct 22nd 2013, by La Iguana / Axis of Logic

Over 3800 rolls of toilet paper, 440 litres of powdered milk and 1560 litres of long-life liquid milk were taken by order of the Public Prosecutor for being allegedly hidden in a warehouse of the Don Biagio Mini Market and Super Express, located in Maracaibo, Zulia state.

It was determined that the products were absent from the shelves in spite of being stored in the warehouse, restricting consumer access to these goods.

The establishment where the goods were found was not identified by name or RIF (commercial registration), however, the property serves as a warehouse of goods and food from the aforementioned store.

The legal representative of the business was put under preventative arrest under conditions of the public prosecutor.

In addition, the goods seized shall be put up for sale at fair prices in the markets Fundación Mercados de Zulia (Fundamercado), the organization in Zula that facilitates the selling of products directly to the people.

These actions were carried out by the audit staff of the National Costs and Prices Superintendency (Sundecop) and the Institute for the Defense of People's Access to Goods and Services (Indepabis) as part of the actions undertaken by the national government for the fight against shortages and hoarding.

During the last few weeks, the  Superior Organ for the Popular Defense of the Economy  has referred more than 25 people to the Attorney General's office for engaging in wrongful acts that infringe on the sovereignty and food security of Venezuela.

The prosecutor for Indepabis stated, "We will provide continuity to due process, and representation guarantees the right of defense to the representatives of the establishment."

This inspection was attended by the National Guard and prosecutors of the Seniat (customs and tax service), in addition to the participation of Decandido, the Bolivarian Trade Union of Supermarket Workers, who acted as worker prosecutors.

"We are involved with the supervisory bodies, we support their actions, we carried out training and intelligence work to detect establishments such as these, where goods are hoarded," said Gustavo Cadenas, a representative of the union.

The complaints by customers is the most important information that agencies such as Sundecop, Seniat and Indepabis have, said Cadenas.

It's thanks to such complaints and the information provided by the people through denouncement lines 0800-Sabotaje, 0800 –Sundeco and Twitter account @Sundecop that the Superior Organ for the Economy is able to conduct the inspections and to act.

Venezuela:  Orwellian Police State WITH TWITTER!
In Italy, for thirty years under the Borgias, they had warfare, terror, murder and bloodshed, but they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci and the Renaissance. In Switzerland, they had brotherly love, they had five hundred years of democracy and peace—and what did that produce? The cuckoo clock

derspiess

"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

The Brain

We need a Superior Organ on Languish.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Admiral Yi

Just another day in the Workers' Paradise.

Speaking of which, which workers' paradise do you think would be the easiest to live in?  As a local, not as a visitor.

Venezuela
Cuba
North Korea
Ecuador
Bolivia
Nicaragua
Jaronistan?

Sheilbh

Depends what you want. But all are an order of magnitude easier than North Korea.
Let's bomb Russia!

DGuller

This seems like attacking the symptom, not the disease.  The real problem seems to be that the government didn't order the manufacturers to produce enough toilet paper.

Admiral Yi

Quote from: Sheilbh on October 22, 2013, 09:20:45 PM
Depends what you want. But all are an order of magnitude easier than North Korea.

It depends on what *you* want.  I'm asking what your preference is.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Admiral Yi on October 22, 2013, 09:19:14 PM
Just another day in the Workers' Paradise.

Speaking of which, which workers' paradise do you think would be the easiest to live in?  As a local, not as a visitor.

Venezuela
Cuba
North Korea
Ecuador
Bolivia
Nicaragua
Jaronistan?

Probably Cuba.  So many more accessible beaches and DeSotos.

grumbler

Quote from: CountDeMoney on October 22, 2013, 09:36:55 PM
Probably Cuba.  So many more accessible beaches and DeSotos.

Agreed.  Plus their government is half-way sane.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

Admiral Yi

I think the quality of life in Cuba would depend very heavily on how many relatives you have living in Florida.

derspiess

I'd go with Bolivia if I could live in Santa Cruz and undermine the regime of the uber-handsome Evo Morales.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Ed Anger

I'd live under Katmai, but my ceiling would collapse from the strain.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Sheilbh

Quote from: Admiral Yi on October 22, 2013, 09:27:44 PM
It depends on what *you* want.  I'm asking what your preference is.
Probably Cuba then. Less crime than Venezuela, still higher GDP per capita than the other three. Rum and cigars. More beaches, less mountains. Also less freedom than the other four.
Let's bomb Russia!

Admiral Yi

Quote from: Sheilbh on October 22, 2013, 09:46:18 PM
Probably Cuba then. Less crime than Venezuela, still higher GDP per capita than the other three. Rum and cigars. More beaches, less mountains. Also less freedom than the other four.

Cuba has a higher GDP per capita than Ecuador, Bolivia, or Nicaraga?  :huh:

I find that hard to believe.

Eddie Teach

Bolivia, so I could make fun of PDH for living in the lowlands.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?