And we're back!

Main Menu

Happy Canadian Thanksgiving everyone!

Started by Barrister, October 14, 2013, 05:15:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

derspiess

Quote from: Ed Anger on October 14, 2013, 07:17:33 PM
I was doing the Wendy's chick.

Gentle reminder: she's not a real redhead. 
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Ideologue on October 14, 2013, 07:17:08 PM
So Canadians have something to be thankful for.  Good for them.

Yes, it's nice they have a holiday celebrating 60 years of continuous protection under the US nuclear security umbrella.

You're welcome, Soviet Canuckistan.

Grey Fox

Quote from: CountDeMoney on October 14, 2013, 09:03:16 PM

Yes, it's nice they have a holiday celebrating 60 years of continuous protection under the US nuclear security umbrella.

You are welcome for the protection offered by thousands of miles of frozen tundra.

Also, NORAD only works because Canadians are on the staff.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

garbon

Quote from: Grey Fox on October 14, 2013, 09:51:37 PM

You are welcome for the protection offered by thousands of miles of frozen tundra.

Also, NORAD only works because Canadians are on the staff.

Oh Quebec. :hug:
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Barrister

And 200+ years of continuous protection under the continuous protection of the Royal Navy.

It's good to have friends.  It gives us something to be thankful for. :)

And if you want to get technical about it, Canada was seriously involved in supplying the Manhattan project, and was the second country in the world to produce a nuclear reactor (in 1945 no less).  It's only because you guys asked us politely not to build nuclear weapons that we chose not to. :)
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Ideologue

I think we should force our non-Britain, non-France allies to pony up.  I think it's probably worth about $13 trillion with interest.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

garbon

Quote from: Barrister on October 14, 2013, 11:04:35 PM
It's only because you guys asked us politely not to build nuclear weapons that we chose not to. :)

Tee-hee.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Eddie Teach

That's gonna bite them in the ass when we invade.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

garbon

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on October 14, 2013, 11:42:55 PM
That's gonna bite them in the ass when we invade.

What's there that we want? CC's prized ski slopes, Neil's reservations, Viper/Grallon's signs with large French lettering?

Eddie Teach

To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

viper37

I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

Sheilbh

Quote from: Barrister on October 14, 2013, 11:04:35 PM
And if you want to get technical about it, Canada was seriously involved in supplying the Manhattan project, and was the second country in the world to produce a nuclear reactor (in 1945 no less).  It's only because you guys asked us politely not to build nuclear weapons that we chose not to. :)
Not only that but of all of the countries in on early atomic research Canada had by far the fewest spies passing it all on to Moscow.

:w00t: and :hug: Canada :)
Let's bomb Russia!

KRonn

Hope all the board's Canadians had a great Thanksgiving!  :)

merithyn

So, speaking of Canadian meals and holidays and such....

I'm hosting Max's family for Christmas. What should be on my menu that's outside The American Norm (tm)? Keep in mind, the family is from Alberta & Saskatchewan not Quebec or Vancouver.

Suggestions?
Yesterday, upon the stair,
I met a man who wasn't there
He wasn't there again today
I wish, I wish he'd go away...