News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

General issues

Started by Baron von Schtinkenbutt, July 09, 2013, 06:48:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Syt

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Grey Fox

Quote from: DGuller on October 01, 2021, 12:57:35 PM
Is there anything that can be done about these hundreds of guests creepily stalking the forum all the time?

I believe, it's search engines indexing us.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Josquius

Any chance of fixing the image upload function?
██████
██████
██████

Maladict

Quote from: Grey Fox on October 01, 2021, 01:04:19 PM
Quote from: DGuller on October 01, 2021, 12:57:35 PM
Is there anything that can be done about these hundreds of guests creepily stalking the forum all the time?

I believe, it's search engines indexing us.

Still, why not make the whole forum private, as it used to be (iirc?).
It's not like we're getting, or accepting, new members.

crazy canuck

There are currently 325 guests

now 332  :D

viper37

Quote from: crazy canuck on January 26, 2022, 06:05:58 PM
There are currently 325 guests

now 332  :D
more guests than reguars... hmm...
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

Admiral Yi

I was thinking it would be smart to do two things.

Pin some directions for people who are locked out because of an email change on how to get back in.

Appoint another admin.  AFAICT we're down to Jacob who shows up regularly (at all).  I nominate Tamas.

Syt

Quote from: Admiral Yi on February 12, 2022, 02:38:07 PM

Pin some directions for people who are locked out because of an email change on how to get back in.

Appoint another admin.  AFAICT we're down to Jacob who shows up regularly (at all).  I nominate Tamas.

I think Jake said he can't let people back in/reset their passwords, so unless that gets sorted out ...

That said, I second Tamas as additional mod/admin, and also Sheilbh.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Admiral Yi

Bummer

Then I guess we need Moldy to grant someone viceroy powers?

Syt

I guess so. There's probably easy to set up "Forgot Password" thingies so users can do it without human help that you can plug into the board somehow, but that's also something moltke would have to set up. And that would require people knowing with which emails they signed up, and still having access to it. :P
—Stephen Jay Gould

Jacob

Quote from: Admiral Yi on February 12, 2022, 02:38:07 PM

I was about to say "I'm not an admin, just a mod" but it turns out I do have access to some kind of admin settings... but on investigation I can see a list of members and I can edit the smileys apparently; I can do mod things but not "real" admin stuff. Forum admins are BaronVS and Neil according to the admin settings. I think Katmai may be an admin or at least have more far reaching mod powers.

Admiral Yi

Good, I can stop being so nice to you. :D

Jacob

Baron von Schtinkenbutt

Sorry about that little hiccup.  I was trying to enable SSL and messed up a setting.  Apparently I need to upgrade to the 2.1 series to get that.  Speaking of which, I'm planning to do just that soon, perhaps even this evening.  There might be a slight disruption.  I'm also trying to get the system hooked in to Fastmail so that the emails from the board actually start working again.

Jacob

Thanks for the update! I was blaming Gaijin de Moscu and the Russians...  :ph34r: