3 (27.3%)

Total Members Voted: 11

Josquius

The fate of the free world rests on this election
██████
██████
██████

grumbler

If ever there was a poll that absolutely required a Jaron option, it is this one.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

Sophie Scholl

Everest! ...I'm slightly ashamed I actually did research for this as I've never seen the show and knew nothing about the characters.
"Everything that brought you here -- all the things that made you a prisoner of past sins -- they are gone. Forever and for good. So let the past go... and live."

"Somebody, after all, had to make a start. What we wrote and said is also believed by many others. They just don't dare express themselves as we did."

Valmy

Rocky. He and Zuma are criminally under used.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Barrister

Rubble on the double!

My kids are thankfully well past the Paw Patrol phase, but I'm kind of surprised it's still going strong.  When my guys were little PP was just getting started.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Barrister

Quote from: Sophie Scholl on March 23, 2024, 09:02:43 PMEverest! ...I'm slightly ashamed I actually did research for this as I've never seen the show and knew nothing about the characters.

It shows - Everest is not one of the main pups and only shows up occasionally.  She's the Pouchie of Paw Patrol. :P
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

celedhring

Voted Firefighter Pup. Was torn between him and Cop Pup, but Cop Pup probably has used excessive force at some point.

Never watched this show, fwiw. My nephew still isn't in that phase.

garbon

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Valmy

Quote from: garbon on March 25, 2024, 05:25:15 AMParents are weird.

You are just jealous I am cool with the kids!

I kind of miss the era when little kids actually watched TV so you knew what they were talking about and what they were interested in. Now my daughter just has her tablet and so when she finds something she is interested in I have to try to figure out what she is saying and then have to research it. And since little kids seem to love horror stuff so much these days my response is usually "what the fuck is this weird shit?"

I was out chaperoning my 11 year old sons choir class in the fall and they were taking internet quizzes about which Paw Patrol Pup they were and I was thinking "oh great when this generation finishes growing up we are going to have adult reboots like Barbie and Transformers about Paw Patrol aren't we?"
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Josquius

This poll was a joke. I was half curious to see if the languish rule of picture polls would apply to annoying cartoon dogs too  ;)

QuoteYou are just jealous I am cool with the kids!

I kind of miss the era when little kids actually watched TV so you knew what they were talking about and what they were interested in. Now my daughter just has her tablet and so when she finds something she is interested in I have to try to figure out what she is saying and then have to research it. And since little kids seem to love horror stuff so much these days my response is usually "what the fuck is this weird shit?"

I was out chaperoning my 11 year old sons choir class in the fall and they were taking internet quizzes about which Paw Patrol Pup they were and I was thinking "oh great when this generation finishes growing up we are going to have adult reboots like Barbie and Transformers about Paw Patrol aren't we?"
I've kept mine away from his own tablet so far and he isn't really confident using youtube himself...though with our aid he does get to watching some odd stuff.
A current favourite is some Japanese guy with 50 different Thomas toys, the sort that have a lever then move. He takes each of them, opens them up, puts a battery in, closes them again, and lets them go on a little round track he has built on a park table.
No narration. No special effects other than when they all appear at the very start. Just....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?app=desktop&v=goz3aJ_RLEE&embeds_referring_euri=https%3A%2F%2Fdigifam.fr%2F&feature=emb_imp_woyt

I had thought he would have escaped Paw Patrol but the influence of kids at nursery is working its magic on him. He also knows what Spiderman is despite never being exposed- zero interest in the cartoon itself. And Pacman thanks to an Oreo advertising board around the corner.

I must say I am jealous of this generation. Never will they have the horror I remember only two well of missing an episode of a show and never being able to see it ever again. Or at a later age cutting of my burgeoning football career because training was Monday night, which was Star Trek night.
██████
██████
██████