News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

NBA Thread

Started by crazy canuck, June 27, 2013, 10:41:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eddie Teach

I always thought Gary Payton was bald.  :hmm:
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

jimmy olsen

It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

crazy canuck

Quote from: jimmy olsen on May 16, 2017, 10:37:05 PM
Celtics got the number 1 pick! :yeah:

http://www.cbssports.com/nba/news/nba-draft-celtics-grab-no-1-overall-pick-and-oh-what-a-summer-it-could-be-in-boston/

Good management developing through the draft vs. long term pain for very short term gain for the Nets.

jimmy olsen

Quote from: crazy canuck on May 17, 2017, 07:56:50 AM
Quote from: jimmy olsen on May 16, 2017, 10:37:05 PM
Celtics got the number 1 pick! :yeah:

http://www.cbssports.com/nba/news/nba-draft-celtics-grab-no-1-overall-pick-and-oh-what-a-summer-it-could-be-in-boston/

Good management developing through the draft vs. long term pain for very short term gain for the Nets.

Yup. Celtics are making slow and steady progress.

Didn't have any chance against the Cavs this year, but next year is looking like a real possibilty if we get a difference maker in the draft and manage to sign Hayward in the offseason.

https://www.si.com/nba/2017/05/18/rumors-boston-celtics-gordon-hayward-free-agency

QuoteJEREMY WOO
Thursday May 18th, 2017
The Celtics are looking hard at signing Jazz forward Gordon Hayward in the off-season, The Vertical's Adrian Wojnarowski reports.

Boston is "really focused" on courting Hayward, who will be an unrestricted free agent July 1.

The Jazz own Hayward's bird rights and can offer him more money than any other team this summer. Hayward did not make an All-NBA team this year and will not be eligible for a designated player extension (a "supermax" contract), which has led to some speculation that he may look around at other teams.

Celtics head coach Brad Stevens coached Hayward in college at Butler, where both made their names during a run to the NCAA title game in 2010.

Hayward, 27, averaged 21.9 points, 5.4 rebounds and 3.5 assists this season and led Utah to the conference semifinals.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
1 Karma Chameleon point

sbr

I wonder what it is about Heyward that Boston likes so much  :hmm:

jimmy olsen

Quote from: sbr on May 18, 2017, 07:04:02 PM

I know what you're insinuating, but Boston is a big market team, that just got to the Conference Finals and most importantly has a personal connection with him given that Brad Stevens was his college coach. Those things, as well as their cap space, make them the most likely contender for his services. The only one I can see beating us is Miami if he picks based on the weather and night life.

This is what the they like.
QuoteHayward, 27, averaged 21.9 points, 5.4 rebounds and 3.5 assists this season and led Utah to the conference semifinals.

1 Karma Chameleon point

The Larch

Quote from: jimmy olsen on May 18, 2017, 08:44:14 PM

I know what you're insinuating

And what is he insinuating?  :huh:

The rumours of Hayward to Boston have been going on for a bit already.

jimmy olsen

Quote from: The Larch on May 19, 2017, 04:48:25 AM
Quote from: jimmy olsen on May 18, 2017, 08:44:14 PM

I know what you're insinuating

And what is he insinuating?  :huh:

The rumours of Hayward to Boston have been going on for a bit already.

That Boston just wants a white star to gin up enthusiasm among a racist fanbase.

1 Karma Chameleon point

The Larch

Ok, I knew Boston fans had a bad reputation but wasn't aware it was that bad.  :lol:

sbr

:lmfao:

EDIT:  This is about the worst #1 seed ever, not Larch's comment.

sbr

Summary of tonight's game

sbr

Though that little bastard is putting up a better fight than the Celtics are

sbr

MadBurgerMaker

The Spurs didn't much up much of a fight in game 2 either.  Welp.

jimmy olsen

Quote from: The Larch on May 19, 2017, 05:21:58 AM
Ok, I knew Boston fans had a bad reputation but wasn't aware it was that bad.  :lol:

At least  they won two playoff series. Other number one seeds have been upset earlier.

1 Karma Chameleon point