News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

NBA Thread

Started by crazy canuck, June 27, 2013, 10:41:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Valmy

Quote from: Grey Fox on June 14, 2019, 11:58:32 AM
There is also the chance that Trudeau will not be PM when they do visit, we're having federal elections in October.

Why do they have to wait until October? I figured they would do all that victory celebration stuff now.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Eddie Teach

Quote from: Valmy on June 14, 2019, 06:02:03 PM
Quote from: Grey Fox on June 14, 2019, 11:58:32 AM
There is also the chance that Trudeau will not be PM when they do visit, we're having federal elections in October.

Why do they have to wait until October? I figured they would do all that victory celebration stuff now.

They might still opt to go to Disneyland first.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

HVC

DT is getting packed. does no one work!
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

Grey Fox

Quote from: HVC on June 17, 2019, 09:49:05 AM
DT is getting packed. does no one work!

Nope, not anymore.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Josephus

On Friday morning, my 1 hr 15 commute to work was under 45 minutes as most people slept in after the Thursday night win.
This morning, my 1 hr 15 commute to work was under 45 minutes as most people took the day off to go to or watch the parade.

Fuck, I need the Raptors to win something every week.
Civis Romanus Sum

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

Malthus

Damn, this parade is huge. Never saw such crowds before. I can see  from my office window that University Ave. is packed!  :lol:
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

Valmy

Well it is the first major sports championship Toronto has won since 1993...I mean unless you think MLS is a major sports championship. I mean I like the MLS and all but it is not exactly the Premier League.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Josephus

Yeah, it's pretty crazy .

those of you who need an inkling of what it's about  go here

https://www.cp24.com/now
Civis Romanus Sum

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

Grey Fox

Malthus' commute is NOT going to be fun.

Malthus

Quote from: Grey Fox on June 17, 2019, 02:14:21 PM
Malthus' commute is NOT going to be fun.

It will be okay if I just don't leave the office.  :lol:

... but yeah, it will be hellish.  :(
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

Grey Fox

Trudeau's taking over, I love that man.

HVC

friend was sending me pics. like a zombie movie
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

saskganesh

slowest parade in Human History.  around 1 Km an hour.

I was at work, a few hundred metres away.

Ford got booed, Trudeau was cheered.
humans were created in their own image

Syt

I bought my first ever piece of NBA fan gear.
Go Schrempf!

How are the Sonics doing these days? :)

:(
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.