News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

NBA Thread

Started by crazy canuck, June 27, 2013, 10:41:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

crazy canuck

The best and the very worst of James was on display in that game.

A great offensive weapon, a great rim protector and a terrible team mate.  More predictable then him having a good stat line is him bringing his team mates down when something goes wrong.  The Cavs should have Nash as their consultant - but the Warriors already understand the importance of that sort of thing.

Valmy

Quote from: jimmy olsen on May 28, 2018, 06:17:36 AM
Can't believe that LeBron managed to will this trash fire of a team to the finals.

Yeah what a fucking miracle. LeBron James' team win the East? I mean you just don't see that every year.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

jimmy olsen

Quote from: Valmy on June 01, 2018, 10:27:55 AM
Quote from: jimmy olsen on May 28, 2018, 06:17:36 AM
Can't believe that LeBron managed to will this trash fire of a team to the finals.

Yeah what a fucking miracle. LeBron James' team win the East? I mean you just don't see that every year.
LeBron had Kyrie last year.  He had no one but the concused corpse of Kevin Love this year. It's not comparable.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

alfred russel

Quote from: alfred russel on June 01, 2018, 09:06:34 AM
Quote from: jimmy olsen on May 31, 2018, 11:09:48 PM
LeBron's team mates are trash

While I'll grant you that LeBron played almost the entire game, his teammates outscored Golden State while James was on the bench but lost while he was on the floor.

Tim, are you still sticking to that opinion?

So far in the series, while Lebron has been on the court the Cavs have been outscored by 39. When he has been off the court, the Cavs have outscored the Warriors by 2.

He has only been off the court for 11 minutes, but that doesn't support the idea the teammates are "trash".
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

There's a fine line between salvation and drinking poison in the jungle.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)
-garbon, February 23, 2014

jimmy olsen

Anyone who watches the Cavs play and thinks that Lebron's teammates aside from Love aren't trash doesn't know anything about basketball.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
1 Karma Chameleon point

crazy canuck

Quote from: jimmy olsen on June 07, 2018, 06:13:36 PM
Anyone who watches the Cavs play and thinks that Lebron's teammates aside from Love aren't trash doesn't know anything about basketball.

You should watch the playoffs this year.

alfred russel

Quote from: jimmy olsen on June 07, 2018, 06:13:36 PM

It seems like he has some good talent to me. He's got Korver who's a great shooter, J.R. Smith who has always been a solid player — we focus on his one mistake and that tends to overshadow all the things he's done to help them win a championship before — you've got Kevin Love, who was an All-Star and an Olympian; Rodney Hood, who was a 17-point scorer in the Western Conference; you've got Tristan who is back to playing like he played a few years ago. He's got some workable pieces there. I don't understand how, in order to talk about how great LeBron is we need to shit on everybody else. That's not O.K. Those guys have talent. I don't buy this whole thing that he's playing with a bunch of garbage.
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

There's a fine line between salvation and drinking poison in the jungle.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)
-garbon, February 23, 2014

The Larch

So... LeBron to the Lakers, apparently. And not a 1 year deal, but a full blown 4 year contract.

katmai

Tired of losing in NBA championship, decides to lose in conference finals instead :)
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

Valmy

Quote from: The Larch on July 01, 2018, 07:35:10 PM
So... LeBron to the Lakers, apparently. And not a 1 year deal, but a full blown 4 year contract.

Yeah that sucks. But I guess at least that makes the Eastern Conference playoffs interesting again.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

jimmy olsen

Quote from: katmai on July 01, 2018, 08:02:14 PM
Tired of losing in NBA championship, decides to lose in conference finals instead :)

Don't think he's going to make the conference finals unless they pick up Paul George or someone else of that calibur.

1 Karma Chameleon point

Valmy

Quote from: jimmy olsen on July 01, 2018, 11:01:59 PM
Don't think he's going to make the conference finals unless they pick up Paul George or someone else of that calibur.

Lebron will take them however far they need to go to face Golden State.

jimmy olsen

Quote from: Valmy on July 01, 2018, 11:05:42 PM

He should have gone to the 76ers, or the Rockets if they could make the money work.

1 Karma Chameleon point

Valmy

I would have preferred he had gone basically anywhere except to the fucking Lakers.

crazy canuck

Quote from: Valmy on July 01, 2018, 11:05:42 PM

It will be an accomplishment for the Lakers to make the playoffs.