News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

NBA Thread

Started by crazy canuck, June 27, 2013, 10:41:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Larch

So, Howard ended up going to the Rockets. Let's see how the Lakers behave next season, given that Kobe will be limping for a while at the beginning.

Spanish guard José Calderón, formerly of the Raptors and Pistons, has agreed to sign with the Mavericks.

crazy canuck

Looks like Derrick Rose is going to be ready for the start of the season.  It will be interesting to see how Miami defends against him.  Wade is getting pretty banged up.  He has the ability to defend Rose but over a best of 7 series that is going to be tough.

sbr

LeBron shut rose down pretty well 2 years ago in the playoffs. I don't know if he can stay with him for an entire game now though.

jimmy olsen

Brad Stevens is too good a coach. The Celtics are winning too many games, we need to tank this year!  :mad:
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Alcibiades

Rose out again, basketball season over for me - again.
Wait...  What would you know about masculinity, you fucking faggot?  - Overly Autistic Neil

OTOH, if you think that a Jew actually IS poisoning the wells you should call the cops. IMHO.   - The Brain

Ed Anger

I like the Atlantic Division standings.  :lol:
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

MadBurgerMaker

Apparently the Spurs are pretty good again.  They are included in the Powerpoint presentation that gets broadcast all over the floor we're on (except in my fishbowl type office area where it's all LHN all the time heh).

sbr

My Trailblazers are rocking it.  Best record in the West and a great game against #1 in the East Indiana tonight.

I just hope they can make it until the New Year before they start crapping down their own legs.

jimmy olsen

Quote from: Ed Anger on December 02, 2013, 06:14:45 PM
:lol: The NBA is just terrible this year.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
1 Karma Chameleon point

sbr

Quote from: jimmy olsen on December 03, 2013, 01:11:08 AM

:lol:  You're suck a fucking idiot.  Awww, my favowite team isn't pwaying well, da NBA is tewwible.  Waaaah.

The Larch

For you. It's just the Atlantic, which this year is dreary. I mean, Toronto leads it and it's under .500. Blame it on the Knicks and the Nets being massive underachievers so far.

jimmy olsen

Quote from: sbr on December 03, 2013, 08:03:55 AM

:lol:  You're suck a fucking idiot.  Awww, my favowite team isn't pwaying well, da NBA is tewwible.  Waaaah.

When only two teams in an entire conference are over .500 the NBA is objectively terrible.

As I said earlier in this thread, my problem with the Celtics is that they're not nearly bad enough. We're never going to get a good draft pick if Stevens keeps coaching this well.

1 Karma Chameleon point

The Larch

Quote from: jimmy olsen on December 03, 2013, 09:54:34 AM
Quote from: sbr on December 03, 2013, 08:03:55 AM

When only two teams in an entire conference are over .500 the NBA is objectively terrible.

No, it means that conferences are very unbalanced at the moment, the East (except for Miami and Indiana, which are league powerhouses this year) is miserable and their stars are either aging has beens (Garnett, Pierce), injury wrecks (Rose, Stoudemire) or too young yet to make an impact or playing for not very good teams (Irving, Wall). Couple all that with huge underacheving from Knicks and Nets and a promising draft which makes it interesting for not so good teams to tank and you have all the ingredients for a sucktastic conference.

The West is a completely different business.

crazy canuck

@ Larch - agreed.

But I am not sure why this has caught the Timmay's of the world by surprise.  The only teams that had a shot of being good in the East were Miami and Indiana (obviously) and then the Nets (if the old guys could learn how to play on a new team - not so much) and Chicago (if Rose could light it up every night - not so much).

The West has been the stronger conference for a number of years.  Part of the reason Miami has won is that whoever makes it to the finals from the West has a much more difficult road to get there.

jimmy olsen

I'm not sure about this idea. There are both goods things and bad things about it. I'm leaning slightly in favor of it. :hmm:

http://www.grantland.com/blog/the-triangle/post/_/id/86940/the-nbas-possible-solution-for-tanking-good-bye-to-the-lottery-hello-to-the-wheel

1 Karma Chameleon point