And we're back!

Main Menu

NBA Thread

Started by crazy canuck, June 27, 2013, 10:41:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jimmy olsen

Quote from: dps on August 23, 2017, 04:06:46 AM
Quote from: jimmy olsen on August 23, 2017, 12:25:24 AM
What a trade. I'm sad to see Thomas go. I do think Kyrie is a more valuable player given his age and contract, however I think the Celtics paid a bit too much. We could have given one of our later 1st round picks and still beaten any other offers.

Tough call.  I think Irving is probably a better all-around player than Thomas, but when LeBron was still in Miami and Kyrie was "the guy" in Cleveland, the Cavs weren't all that good, and things that have been reported recently suggest that Irving isn't a particularly good teammate, to say the least.

He was in his early 20s then and inexperienced. He's just turned 25, got a lot of playoff experience seeing how successful teams work.

I think everything will depend on how Brown and Taytum pan out. With Crowder gone they can get a lot of development. If they're as good as many project the team will be great. If they bust, so will the team.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Ed Anger

Quote from: jimmy olsen on August 23, 2017, 12:25:24 AM
What a trade. I'm sad to see Thomas go. I do think Kyrie is a more valuable player given his age and contract, however I think the Celtics paid a bit too much. We could have given one of our later 1st round picks and still beaten any other offers.

"WE"
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

derspiess

Yeah, I'd love to see Tim out on the court.

Why is Tim cryin'?
'CUZ HE JUST GOT DUNKED ON
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

jimmy olsen

Just watched the season opener.

Damn, I'd heard that Hayward had been injured, but I didn't think it would be that gruesome. :(

Maybe he'll be back by the playoffs. Then we can make some noise as a 6 or 7th seed.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
1 Karma Chameleon point

Ed Anger

Eddie Teach

They're not even in the same state.  :rolleyes:
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Ed Anger

Tim is the Greg Kite of the forum.

crazy canuck

jimmy olsen

I'm not going to stop saying We. It's the natural thing to do, almost all sports fans do it when referring to their team in casual conversation.

1 Karma Chameleon point

Ed Anger

jimmy olsen

1 Karma Chameleon point

sbr

Quote from: jimmy olsen on October 18, 2017, 09:00:00 PM
I'm not going to stop saying We. It's the natural thing to do, almost all sports fans do it when referring to their team in casual conversation.

Incorrect

crazy canuck

Quote from: sbr on October 18, 2017, 11:09:35 PM
Quote from: jimmy olsen on October 18, 2017, 09:00:00 PM

Incorrect

Must be a New England thing. 

Eddie Teach

You want to sound like a dumbass, that's your prerogative. Just be prepared for abuse.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

dps

Quote from: Eddie Teach on October 18, 2017, 11:14:06 PM
You want to sound like a dumbass, that's your prerogative. Just be prepared for abuse.

What makes you think that he merely sounds like one?