News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

NBA Thread

Started by crazy canuck, June 27, 2013, 10:41:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MadBurgerMaker

More welp:  Leonard out again for game 3.  Just shut him down for the remaining games, and try again next year.  No sense in risking further injury.

E:  Dejounte Murray is going to be really good.

dps

I know it's not really fair to hold Lonzo Ball responsible for his father being a complete tool, but at this point, I hope he gets drafted by a really terrible team and bombs completely.

jimmy olsen

It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

jimmy olsen

Man, if the Warriors remain healthy and and they keep their core together they should win another 2 or 3 championships for sure. LeBron was absolute beast in this series and he barely managed to win one game. Hard to see another team on the horizon that can compete with them.

Maybe Russell Westbrook can join a contender after next year and push them close to the edge?

Heard Chris Paul was thinking of joining the Spurs...would that be enough? Maybe, but I doubt it.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
1 Karma Chameleon point

jimmy olsen

Incoherent shrieking and tears of anguish

1 Karma Chameleon point

Valmy

Don't worry Tim. I hear Michael Jordan was picked at 3.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

jimmy olsen

I like Taytum, but the Bulls got robbed in that Butler trade. Ainge couldn't do better than that?

Unless he thinks Towns or Davis or Westbrook are going to be on the trading block in a year or two, what is he waiting for?

1 Karma Chameleon point

The Larch

Quote from: jimmy olsen on June 23, 2017, 01:03:22 AM
I like Taytum, but the Bulls got robbed in that Butler trade. Ainge couldn't do better than that?

Unless he thinks Towns or Davis or Westbrook are going to be on the trading block in a year or two, what is he waiting for?

Heard that possibly they didn't want Butler to go to a team in the East.

jimmy olsen

Rumor going around that if the Celtics sign Hayward, then Paul George will agree to a trade to Boston and sign a three year extension. Sounds too good to be true.

1 Karma Chameleon point

jimmy olsen

We didn't get George, but we did get Hayward. :)

Fuck yeah!

If we stay healthy and the Cavs don't we're a lock to get whipped by Golden State in the final! :yeah:

1 Karma Chameleon point

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Grey Fox

Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

sbr

Pretty good piece by Lamar Odom today in the Player's Tribune

https://theplayerstribune.com/lamar-odom-done-in-the-dark/

jimmy olsen

What a trade. I'm sad to see Thomas go. I do think Kyrie is a more valuable player given his age and contract, however I think the Celtics paid a bit too much. We could have given one of our later 1st round picks and still beaten any other offers.

1 Karma Chameleon point

dps

Quote from: jimmy olsen on August 23, 2017, 12:25:24 AM
What a trade. I'm sad to see Thomas go. I do think Kyrie is a more valuable player given his age and contract, however I think the Celtics paid a bit too much. We could have given one of our later 1st round picks and still beaten any other offers.

Tough call.  I think Irving is probably a better all-around player than Thomas, but when LeBron was still in Miami and Kyrie was "the guy" in Cleveland, the Cavs weren't all that good, and things that have been reported recently suggest that Irving isn't a particularly good teammate, to say the least.