News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

NBA Thread

Started by crazy canuck, June 27, 2013, 10:41:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Valmy

Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Neil

I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Neil

Quote from: crazy canuck on June 28, 2013, 12:33:30 PM
Quote from: Neil on June 28, 2013, 10:55:06 AM
Quote from: Peter Wiggin on June 28, 2013, 10:27:04 AM
Quote from: Grey Fox on June 28, 2013, 10:02:47 AM
Death to all giants.
Why bring up baseball?
Isn't that what this thread is for?
Do ethnic Albertans play basketball?
I have no idea.  I know some children play it in school, if that helps.  All the adults I know who are active in team sports play hockey, ball hockey or football.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

jimmy olsen

It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Barrister

Quote from: Neil on June 28, 2013, 01:26:30 PM
Quote from: crazy canuck on June 28, 2013, 12:33:30 PM
Quote from: Neil on June 28, 2013, 10:55:06 AM
Quote from: Peter Wiggin on June 28, 2013, 10:27:04 AM
Quote from: Grey Fox on June 28, 2013, 10:02:47 AM
Death to all giants.
Why bring up baseball?
Isn't that what this thread is for?
Do ethnic Albertans play basketball?
I have no idea.  I know some children play it in school, if that helps.  All the adults I know who are active in team sports play hockey, ball hockey or football.

And curling. :scots:
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

jimmy olsen

Celtics hire Brad Stevens from Butler!
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

crazy canuck

Stevens was a good/great college coach.  Good/great college coaches dont have the best record in the NBA. 

I hope this works out for him though.  I like his coaching style. 

sbr

Quote from: crazy canuck on July 04, 2013, 12:58:03 PM
Stevens was a good/great college coach.  Good/great college coaches dont have the best record in the NBA. 

I hope this works out for him though.  I like his coaching style.

He will be able to come back and get another great college job any times he wants.  Hopefully the Celtics are patient with him through the rebuild and don't expect him to win 50 games with 30 game talent.

Admiral Yi

He's 36 and looks 19.  Two coach types work well in the NBA: demi-gods who command respect from the players because of their stature or jumped up water boys who let the superstar run the team.

crazy canuck

Quote from: Admiral Yi on July 04, 2013, 02:07:48 PM
He's 36 and looks 19.  Two coach types work well in the NBA: demi-gods who command respect from the players because of their stature or jumped up water boys who let the superstar run the team.

Not sure Spoelstra fits into either of those categories.

Admiral Yi

Quote from: crazy canuck on July 04, 2013, 02:35:03 PM

Spoelstra is the only coach who fits the 2nd.  He started out as the Heat equipment manager.  He's a cheap head coach for a team that thinks it can do without a head coach.

crazy canuck

Quote from: Admiral Yi on July 04, 2013, 02:36:45 PM
Quote from: crazy canuck on July 04, 2013, 02:35:03 PM

Spoelstra is the only coach who fits the 2nd.  He started out as the Heat equipment manager.  He's a cheap head coach for a team that thinks it can do without a head coach.

Everything you said is wrong.

Here is a good article about what makes Spoelstra a good coach and why he was hired and kept his job even through the tough first season.

http://fansided.com/2013/07/02/erik-spoelstra-miami-heat-are-a-perfect-match/

Further, the superstars dont run the team. Spoelstra makes good adjustments between and during games.  Also, one of the things Spoelstra does very well is managing potential conflicts amongst his superstars.

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

The Larch

So, does anyone have the slightest idea where Howard will be going for the next season? Rockets?