News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Happy Summer Solstice.

Started by mongers, June 20, 2019, 10:28:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mongers

Happy mid Summer, as I look out of the window at the solstice sunrise.   :bowler:

Though, iirc the 'actual' solstice is some odd like 15.44 GMT in the afternoon. 
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Valmy

This is such a weird time of year. I will be sitting there at home thinking how much fun I am going to have in the rest of my awesome summer day...and then notice it is 9PM.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

The Brain

Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Liep

"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

Duque de Bragança

Felicem Solstitium Aestatis!

Glad Midsommar for the Brain and other Swedes.
Swedish Cultural Centre was full, queueing necessary to enter and watch children and adults dancing around a pole singing nöf nöf (oink oink), among other "silly dancing". :)

Malthus

The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

Threviel

Were you there Duque? Do you have a Swedish connection?

Glad Midsommar!

Duque de Bragança

Quote from: Threviel on June 21, 2019, 04:22:59 PM
Were you there Duque? Do you have a Swedish connection?

Glad Midsommar!

Yep, it's only 25 min or so by metro.
It's also Fête de la musique/Make Music Day all over the place, with beer sales in a nearby supermarket ;) and the Marais neighborhood where the Swedish Cultural Centre is located is actually a pretty good spot for this event.
Of course, it's way more family-friendly than Midsommar in Sweden as in much less inebriation.
No idea about the possible event at the Swedish Church, which lies in my old neighborhood, so close I could just walk there. ;)

20-25 °C during the day is nice for a city summer day.

The Brain

Women want me. Men want to be with me.

saskganesh

I moved apts again then fed my gf gin. Nice day/evening.
humans were created in their own image

mongers

"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"