News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

NBA Thread

Started by crazy canuck, June 27, 2013, 10:41:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

crazy canuck

To celebrate that a Canadian will likely go in the first round in the draft today and as the first pick next year it is time to start an NBA thread.

Please note that unlike the NHL thread I did not have to specify that the NBA thread was about basketball.  Everyone knows what the NBA is.  The maker of the NHL thread was obviously concerned that there might be some confusion over what NHL meant and so, to be prudent, added the word hockey.

With those formalities aside.  There are a lot of big men coming out in this draft.  In years past GM's would be fighting over them.  But the game has changed substantially.   That will be demonstrated in how low the bigs go in the draft.

But despite that I think Kelly Olynyk is going high.  He is a legit 7 footer that can shoot the lights out.  He is exactly what a team needs for the style of play in the NBA with high ball screens.  If the screener can shoot like Olynyk, they have huge value.

Eddie Teach

http://www.acronymfinder.com/NBA.html

I'd rather talk about the Nevada Brothel Association.  :blush:
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Neil

So, I hear the Pirates are doing well.  That's unusual, isn't it?  Syt must be pleased, since he's a sucker for all Pittsburgh sports.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Valmy

Quote from: Neil on June 27, 2013, 10:49:15 AM
So, I hear the Pirates are doing well.  That's unusual, isn't it?  Syt must be pleased, since he's a sucker for all Pittsburgh sports.

:lol: :bash:
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

jimmy olsen

Doc Rivers has left for the Clippers. :(
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

katmai

Who cares about the NBA.
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

alfred russel

It seems odd we get a thread about the draft while the playoffs and finals went by unnoticed.
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

There's a fine line between salvation and drinking poison in the jungle.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)
-garbon, February 23, 2014

Admiral Yi

Quote from: alfred russel on June 27, 2013, 07:09:33 PM
It seems odd we get a thread about the draft while the playoffs and finals went by unnoticed.

No Canadians in the playoffs.

crazy canuck

Quote from: alfred russel on June 27, 2013, 07:09:33 PM

Too busy watching great basketball to bother.

I figure I need to bring you cretins along slowly.

Canadians go #1 and #13.  Olynyk went high in the draft as I thought he would but didnt see the #1 pick coming.

jimmy olsen

And the Celtics have done been blown up! It was their time, but it's still sad to see them go.  :cry:
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

crazy canuck

Better to make those moves now while they can get something for those players.

Syt

Quote from: Neil on June 27, 2013, 10:49:15 AM

Except hockey. -_-
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Valmy

Quote from: jimmy olsen on June 28, 2013, 03:18:26 AM
And the Celtics have done been blown up! It was their time, but it's still sad to see them go.  :cry:

It is ok.  They beat the Lakers, thus their purpose in life was fulfilled.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Grey Fox

I was going to be serious and talk bball but no you had to be an asshole and troll Hockey.

Death to all giants.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Eddie Teach

To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?